GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's under your hood? Not what's in the brochure...

Turtle

Drag Racing Champion
Hey I just noticed that my engine bay looks nothing like whats in the photos on the website or in the brochure. They have some beautiful looking carbon fibre details as shown in photo below. Mine is just all black plastic. Was this an 05 to 06 change or was I duped? :iono:
And if it was a change is it right to be advertising you get this on the website and in the brochure and deliver some bare black plastic option. :iono:

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/golf/images/golf_GTI_01l.jpg

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
it wasnt an advert in the first place, it was a concept meaning they have the right to make the production model whatever they see fit

Turtle

Drag Racing Champion
To put it a different way, most people nowadays use the web to research a product they are interested in. If you went to Sony's website to research their latest LCD TV and found this great model in brushed aluminium. You then jump online and order one. It arrives and because the brushed aluminium pushed the production cost up they decided to use silver plastic instead. The aluminium one looks much nicer in the photos so they thought they could put that on the website to increase sales - I think you'd be pretty annoyed.

By having these images on the site advertising the product, you are being misled to the what the actual product is, can't see it any other way.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
someone should go to VW and complain and c what they can do or cant do coz the way i c it like most ppl do is tht this is srs false advertising:thumbsup:

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Probbly some fine print somewhere that tells you , the actual car may not look just like the photos. They dont have 200 lawyers for nothing.