GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 GTI DSG Vs Gen 2 Acura TL 225hp

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
going at about a 40mph roll i was driving down the pike, all i heard was my brother shout "go go go" lol but by the time i realized the guy in the acura was trying to race me he was allready a head a car length, i couldnt catch him.

the guy was cool though, he must have realized i wasnt ready, or he wanted to try again, he slowed down let me catch up and we went at it, again rolling at about 40mph, this time i took him and stayed a head about half a car, the guy in the acura gave a nod and we went on our ways

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Nice race. He must have great sportsmanship. lol most people in their Hondas will race over and over again.

I like the newest TL though. 270 hp. And it looks very luxurious inside.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
nice kill:thumbsup:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
KaynE said:
Nice race. He must have great sportsmanship. lol most people in their Hondas will race over and over again.

You mean 258:biggrin: The japanese companies had some HP rating issues, using different standards, turns out all their cars were overrated. Notice how Acuras vehicles, Toyotas Vehicles, Lexus vehicles all had HP drops in the new 2006 model year. The TL he raced didnt even make 225 hp, that was overrated. Just like the old type-S i looked out, if rated again by the new "standards" wouldnt make the claimed 260. Here is the article
http://www.caranddriver.com/dailyautoinsider/10802/toyota-honda-dial-back-horsepower-claims.html

revaudi

Oval Newbie
KaynE said:
The audio is fanatastic and the blue tooth is nice. However, the car is just so damn boring. To get anything out of it, you constantly have to keep above 5500rpm, which destroys the fuel economy. I sold my 05 TL to get the GTI and couldn't be happier with the decision.

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
interesting, i dindt know the acuras/hondas were over rated...the TL i was against though did have an "S" badge on the back.......i swear this is a true story and my car is bone stock, not even a week in my possesion yet...

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
ZoomBy said:
interesting, i dindt know the acuras/hondas were over rated...the TL i was against though did have an "S" badge on the back.......i swear this is a true story and my car is bone stock, not even a week in my possesion yet...
If it had an S badge, you had teh TL i looked at, the TL Type-S, it was rated at 260hp. That car flew, actually my sister just got rid of hers today now that she has turned into a soccer mom and drives an MDX. Its quite a quick car.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI