GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning shops in WA

RelientOne

Lurking
I am looking for a shop for suspension and a chip. I haven't read too much about the chips but I am liking APR atm, any feedback on experiences?

:word:

RelientOne

Lurking
I stopped by Achtuning, the guy I talked to seemed really friendly, Campbell Nelson VW in Edmonds referred me there as well... I just wanted some feedback before I decide.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
the ones on the greater eastside that id suggest is achtuning, speedware motorsports, and fine tuning. or you can head down to tacoma and go to TKO motorworks..they do REVO chips there

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
TKO in Auburn. REVO. do it right the first time.

/end thread

Crosby ~ STFU

( LOL )

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Cantrell in Kirkland is another great shop but they are GIAC. Can't imagine a better place to go for suspension work though. When I was in there they were building 2 race spec 997 Porsche GT3 Cup with roll cages that simply had the best welds I've seen in my life. Porsche outsources to GIAC for higher model turbo cars software so theres a thought.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
virus, what made you go with REVO? Actual reasons please. lol

I did a lot of research.

It started with driving Matts car @ spring fling last May. I fell in love to be honest (the car/Revo...not Matt) [( well, kinda matt too)] rofl

that's when I started my research. I drove an APR car at a cruise and the power (to me) didn't feel as smooth and even across the RPM range.

I also like the idea of being able to fine tune the settings. Most people fail to see the advatage of this, I really don't see how.

The statement that 1 tune works for all plications is WAY off. There is no way you can tell me that a car with a, lets just say, Carbonio/Ottinger intake and a 2.5'' exhaust will perform to it's best as a car with a 3'' exhaust and a V-flow or P-flow. The differences in components alone make the ability to fine tune a smart route to take.

another thought....all flashes were designed and tested in a location. How can the original settings for the flash be the best for the PNW or the southwest or Canada when they weren't designed or tested for all these different places?

Most flashes don't give you the ability to put the car on a Dyno or run data logs and adjust your car to what you have under the hood. i like to know I have the ability to do so.

Also, my SPS unit allows me to have 3 user presets for differant tunes along with stock, stg I & stg II. I can enable the security lockout so my car can't be stolen. APR has the lockout aswell...

for me, even if Revo didn't have the SPS unit to adjust tuning, I would still choose Revo. i like the feel it brings across the RPM range. APR would be my 2nd choice. Find out what the best shop nearest you has, and go with them.

in the end. Look at my sig, and you can't loose.