GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicago body shop needed!!

moabite

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
UG 08 GTI MKV
I would really appreciate any suggestions for a good body shop in Chicago.

This is going to be a ramble but I have to voice my grievances.

I leased my 08 UG GTI in Jan and since I got rear ended while stopped at a red light which blew out the bumper. That was covered by their ins but I had to have the work done 2wice b/c they didn't do a good job on the first try(didn't have my baby for 3 weeks).

Next, I got cut off and the guy slammed on his brakes because I honked and I tapped his back bumper(minor scratch).

The third incident: Tuesday morning I walk out to a nice big dent and huge scratches above the headlight, someone had hit me in the middle of the night where I park. I have a huge parking space in the alley behind my building (I live in the city and I am feeling the pain of having something nice in a city) The spot is so big there is no reason I should have been hit, the car was backed in a good 6' from where normal alley traffic should be. Of course there's no note, hit and run.

Anyway, I need to get the car fixed not to mention that it's a terrible eyesore, the car is a lease so obviously I have to get it done. I am seeking any suggestions on a body shop in Chicago so I can get an estimate before I drop the $500 on my deductible. Maybe fixing out of pocket will be cheaper.

I am starting to think the car is cursed... there was a 666 in my lease documents and there was a 666 in the license # of the dude that rear ended me. I'M FREAKIN' OUT I LOVE THIS CAR!!

Scharf

This has nothing to do with karma or some spiritual mumbo jumbo.

You own a nice car in the city of Chicago. You can:

A.) Move out of the city.
B.) Buy a beater, and drive that.
C.) Grin and bare it.

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
Go to Import Auto... it's on Fullerton one block east of Cicero I believe... when I got rear-ended they fixed up my GTI very nicely for a fair price (of course it was covered by insurance so I didn't pay)... you'll see that it's a classy shop once you go there

jonfran21

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 Jetta GLI
A&L Autobody in Palatine, ask for Anthony. Lots of people on here and VWVortex around Chicago get work done there. I had my baby repaired there after an unfortunate incident with a deer. Great work done there and price is good if you decide to do it out of pocket. I will be going back there to get my sideskirts and valences painted.