GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI delayed for me

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
Well I was supposed to finally take delivery of my GTI today. It arrived at the port here in San Diego on July 5th (UG, Pkg#2, 18" Hufs, Sirius) . Today my sales guy called me and said the person at the port told him there was "something wrong" with the car and its not ready for the dealer to pick up !!!

Now I'm stressing. What could be wrong with the car ???? Even the owner of the dealership is upset and is trying to contact the people at the port to see what the deal is. Oh well, I hope it's nothing serious. Anyone else have this problem ? :confused:

918hare

Go Kart Champion
scuderiavw said:
hmmmm, make sure you check the body and paint

Just make sure to check everything good and get confirmation of what the problem was. It could be something very small or something big. If you find out it was a major issue that makes you uncomfortable, have them get you a different one

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
jesus.. every mans nightmare.. hope you get it soon in good condition!!

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
I would want to know exactly what is wrong with it....it most likely would not have left the factory and been loaded on a ship with a major defect, but you never know. Possibly something happened in transit or during load/unload. In any case, accept no less than perfect...well, as perfect as you can be ya know. maybe it's nothing...maybe they just didn't get it prepped or something.

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
I was due to take delivery of my GTi on Tuesday, then it was Thursday. At lunchtime yesterday I told the stealer to wait until August 1st when I get back from Holiday - no point the car sitting in my drive for 3 days gathering dust. Might as well have a brand new car to look forward to when I get back!

Tornado06

Go Kart Newbie
Best bet is to find out the specific reason it was delayed. When it comes in, look in that area. For all you know (or they tell u) it could have been a computer/electrical thing. Because you cannot really look at that. Let's face it, some dealers or service depts will tell you anything for sake of helping to move things along smoothly. For example, the car would not idle correctly at the port and they claim they had to reprogram the PCM, etc. Did the really though? For this reason, look the car over very carefully and demand a road test & leave the stereo off. DO NOT let the salesman talk or distract you while driving. Sure, the delay may be honest & even minor. Not trying to scare ya.. But be thorough regardless. Sometimes cars are WRECKED or badly damaged during shipping. I would NEVER accept a new car with even a stitch of paint/touch up work on it. No human will ever paint the GTI better then the factory process. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited: