GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

key fob not working?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
has anyone else had there key fob buttons stop working, our unlock button stopped working the lock and the boot unlock still works but the door unlock stopped we had to use the other spare key we got.

SSS_Hoon

Nikerey

Darkness
SSS_Hoon said:
has anyone else had there key fob buttons stop working, our unlock button stopped working the lock and the boot unlock still works but the door unlock stopped we had to use the other spare key we got.

SSS_Hoon

There should be something in the manual about the key fob needing to be reset. Check that out.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Yep. RTFM. :biggrin:

I think that happens when the unlock button is pressed too many times when out of range of the car. The rolling code in the key gets out of sync with the car and needs to be reset. Give the reset in the manual a go.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
ok will do that when she gets home.

the 2nd key worked though.

SSS_Hoon

nj devil

Drag Racing Champion
Same thing happened to me, just took it to the dealer, needed the car for about 2-3 hours with all 3 keys. They said the battery was dead, and now they work. Covered under warrenty so I am a happy camper.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
read the manual did what it says number of times but still no go, so will be taking it back to them.

it aint a dead batt as the unlock still works on it.

SSS_Hoon

JungaGTi

Premier Wheel Man
I'm resurrecting this thread as the same thing has happened to me....unlock doesnt work, lock and boot button work. I havent gone to dealer yet. going to replace battery first and see if that fixes it.

Came across this link, thought I might share just in case you ever need to replace battery....don't waste time goin back 2 the dealers :laugh:

How to replace ur Remote Battery:

http://http://www.riskin.org/vwkey/

Cheers,

DJ

mlaich

Passed Driver's Ed
Resurrecting an old thread here.

The spare key just suddenly didn't want to open or close the car doors today. Tried the reset method described in the manual.

Once I put the key in the ignition and started the car however, the key fob LED light, which previously had been constantly on, started flashing.

Any ideas?

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Adjective

fresh off the boat

1. (idiomatic, usually derogatory) Newly arrived from a foreign place, especially as an immigrant who is still unfamiliar with the customs and language of his or her new environment.
* 2005, Lev Grossman, "They Built This City (book review)," Time, 20 Mar.:

Metropolis is the story of a harmless, hapless, nameless young German immigrant, fresh off the boat in 1860-something, who has a knack for naively stumbling into complicated plots through no fault of his own.

[edit] Synonyms

* FOB (abbreviation)

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Adjective

fresh off the boat

1. (idiomatic, usually derogatory) Newly arrived from a foreign place, especially as an immigrant who is still unfamiliar with the customs and language of his or her new environment.
* 2005, Lev Grossman, "They Built This City (book review)," Time, 20 Mar.:

Metropolis is the story of a harmless, hapless, nameless young German immigrant, fresh off the boat in 1860-something, who has a knack for naively stumbling into complicated plots through no fault of his own.

[edit] Synonyms

* FOB (abbreviation)
buahahahahahahaha

Fresh off the boat FTW lolz hahahahahahahah

rich FOB girls = FTW too hahahahaha