GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window Electrical Problems

JonnyDoe69

Drag Race Newbie
So I got in my scorching hot car yesterday around noon. (it was about 110 out) and I go to roll my windows down. I push on the button and the windows buttons click and stop working. No pressure and they are just flopping. I bring in my car today to the dealership and they tell me it's an internal electrical problem and the window electrical module is going to be replaced when they get the part in later this week. Should I be worried? It's covered under warranty but still... I thought the days of VW electrical problems were over and done with... I mean, my GTI is only 4 months old!?! Any other suggestions of what I should have them check (any subsequent problems because of this failed module?) when I take it back? :iono:

Bigbhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Test them!!

Hi Guys,

a good test which is not in the instruction manual.

when u are out of your car stand about five yards away from it and press and hold the unlock button.. Ur car should unlock and the windows should all go down to let air in the car.

on the flip side you can leave windows open and press and hold the lock for about five seconds and the windows will close for you too.

Just in case u did not know.

cheers lads, sorry to hear about your Elec probs. :redface:

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
in Sydney u guys dont have pinch guard, where as in america we do. our windows wont do that unless you have used vag+com program to tell the car by remote to do that.

Bigbhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Windows.

This is preset into the Key unit and can be fully modified with same programme to beep, lower windows and what ever varient u want it to do.

You can ask your dealer to do it if he knows how. (some dont!)

This is also the case for european cars so i presume america must be differant???

Sorry dont have much experience with US Varient as i worked for Audi in europe and Oz... :iono:

Wargen023

Autocross Newbie
My GTI is three weeks old and my left rear window wont open from the button in rear door. It opens from the button in drivers door and from remote control. This is my first issue so far and i dont think its a big deal, will be fixed on warranty.

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
My windows auto function especially when closing the window at times does not work. Also has anyone had this happen while using the auto close function, window closes but suddenly opens again? It's weird but if I park on uneven surface that is when my window will most likely do that.:iono: I know there is that anti pinch safety feature but there's nothing to pinch.

VdaWg

Yes it does it on occasion. I think the windows get mixed up or something. It happened to me on Friday I auto closed the window, it went up then down on it's own. Auto close stopped working for that cycle and I had to hold button to close all the way up then it started to work again.

Car(s)
'06 GTI
Yeah, if you read in the manual, like every owner should, it says that after a object has been sensed and the pinch protection enabled, the auto close is turned off until you manually close it all the way. Then it should work again.

VdaWg

I know about that feature but all the times it has happened there has been nothing in the way of the windows.