GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint Question

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Getting tint done this Sunday or if the guy's too tired soon.

I had 15% on my black 300zx b4.

On my UG GTI...not sure what to go w/. I know that the 15% didnt look too bad on the black and it probably played it off pretty well.

Legal limit here in Florida is 28% but I had a friend w/an M3 who had limo tint which is 5%. Dunno if he got tickets or not. On my first car, a 240sx, it had mirror tint. Now, I know you are thinking that must have been tacky, but nah, it looked pretty good and it was nice.

So my question is...15% or 10% or something else. Honestly I dont care about the cops THAT much b/c only Central Florida...namely Orlando cares about that crap.

Who's got tint and what have the tinted their car w/and show pics!
:thanks:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I have 35% carbon based 3M film and 50% on the front... I really like it because unlike, metalized films, it does not interfere with cell phone and radar detectors...

Its a great tint and is only a little more expensive than metal based tints... Check my garage for pics

Last edited:

seung

Oval Newbie
Vivid said:
I have 35% carbonfibre 3M film and 50% on the front... I really like it because unlike, metalized films, it does not interfere with cell phone and radar detectors...

Its a great tint and is only a little more expensive than metal based tints... Check my garage for pics

uh...
sorry to be an ass but
it's not carbon "fiber" tint.

what you have is "3m scotchtint",
which uses carbon particle instead of metallic perticles.

"carbon fiber" and "carbon particle/ molecule" are
not the same stuff.

so say "carbon tint" or "3m scotchtint that has carbon in it",
not "carbon fiber tint"-
people will laugh at you.

here's more info.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
nice way of putting things... changed my post... Sorry for the slip of the tonge...

Nikerey

Darkness
BurntGauge said:
Getting tint done this Sunday or if the guy's too tired soon.

I had 15% on my black 300zx b4.

On my UG GTI...not sure what to go w/. I know that the 15% didnt look too bad on the black and it probably played it off pretty well.

Legal limit here in Florida is 28% but I had a friend w/an M3 who had limo tint which is 5%. Dunno if he got tickets or not. On my first car, a 240sx, it had mirror tint. Now, I know you are thinking that must have been tacky, but nah, it looked pretty good and it was nice.

So my question is...15% or 10% or something else. Honestly I dont care about the cops THAT much b/c only Central Florida...namely Orlando cares about that crap.

Who's got tint and what have the tinted their car w/and show pics!
:thanks:

A couple things about tinit....
15-10% will look good on your car. 5% may be a bit dark on a UG. Visibility is also an issue. At night with 5% on a dark street you will not see anything out of the side and rear windows, if you can live with that cool. 15-10% will give you better visibility. Ive never been a fan of mirror tint, but thats my opinion, if you like it go for it. I live in Orlando and have for 6 years, ive had 5% on my Jeep, Accord and now the GTI and not once have i had a problem with the cops. I could be lucky, they might just not care as much as people think. If you go with 5% just make sure when your around cops to roll the windows down, most wont care as long as they can see you. Just some things to think about.

Id post pics, but im at work and not allowed to go to file hosting sites to get them.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
IMO the darker the better...I have 5% on mine. I think dark tint looks best, especially on a UG GTI. Plus it really helps with the Florida sun!

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I would think the darker the better for a UG GTI. That's what mine is and I plan on going as dark as possible when i move out to CA. I think it throws a nice contrast with the grey.