GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IBM sucks!! (rant)

MC.R

I have what was thena $2,800 laptop from 2 years ago and 3 weeks ago the keyboard went wack on me and i sent it in for repair under warranty. Got it back last week and the keyboard still didnt work. Sent it back again and now the box that it came back in had a huge dent/hole in the bottom and i take the laptop out and there is a hole in the back of the screen and it goes through to the front and the entire screen is spider web cracked. I used to be a supervisor at a large university of a mobile computing program that had 3,000 IBM thinkpad laptops and ive seen these things get dropped many times and this doesnt happen easily, it had to be dropped HARD! to cause this kind of damage there is literally a hole in the casing on the back and the casing is magnesium alloy. I'm on the phone with IBM and they are trying to see if this is a billable issue or if they can replace it again and they better cause full retail the cost of the screen is $957!!!!! Either IBM pays for it or DHL coughs up $950 bucks to me!! ridiculous!!!! and it had A LOT of foam padding around it so it got hit hard, it was either dropped or something was dropped on it. sorry had to rant!!

Last edited:

MC.R

damn dude, i couldnt imagine why they wouldnt cover it. make sure you take pics of the packaging and everything just incase

oh dont worry already took pics

ibm just told me too bad call dhl
dhl just said too bad call ibm they have to file a claim you cant
back on hold with ibm again...... ass wipes

MC.R

now ive been transferred 6 times cause no one knows what to do ive asked for supervisors and they dont know how to handle the issue they said its never happened before and im like oh bullshit ive seen it happen before

MC.R

who buys IBM?

it was required by the first college i went to and my 'rents bought it for me then..... this is why im buying an apple laptop again..... had an ibook ages ago and it never failed me ever until i sold it when i got this one....

half of this is lenovo/solectron's fault..... solectron does the repairs and ibm sold off the thinkpad line to lenovo who then outsourced repairs to solectron which is a shitty repair contract company.... verizon uses solectron for their in store techs a lot too

MC.R

Chalk up another tally to the "Mcfahrenheit (a.k.a. McLame) Most Threads in a Year" race!

EDIT: I say that with love :wub:
understood but im wicked pissed right now..... im on my 7th person who is now telling me that i wont have it for 14 days while a claim is beng pocessed and they cant start the claim now cause the claims dept just closed while i was waiting on hold..... ass holes!!!
p.s. all of my other posts have been related to the topic i was posting in as best as possible all of my other posts that were random were in the "its like" thread
That is too bad mc

I thought that you were going to leave the site???????

i was but things have gotten better in the past couple of weeks...
were you making that comment in a kind way or just being a wise ass..... sorry but you cant tell over the internet

MC.R

wow now i have two techs conferenced in who are arguing with eachother who should be handling it and how.... wow great customer service douchebags.... and i just tried to chime in and this guy goes "sir we are documenting the case and i will let you know when i am ready to speak to you" so i just said "talk to me like that again and ill come down there and ram the laptop up your ass.... get this fixed"

MC.R

so in the process of me holding the claims dept. closed and now i have to callback tmrw again and waste more time, mother fuckers!!! i cant wait to get rid of this thing when i can

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Is it a T-41 or a T-42? Those laptops are famous for field toughness. I support that 4 years ago was all IBM laptops, in the thousands... now we don't buy IBM/Lenovo any more, we buy dell... some people like the dells, some people want their IBM's back... it's a mixed bag... I wouldn't dog IBM, they made an excellent but WAAAAYYY overpriced corporate laptop. The main reason we switched from IBM to Dell was lower prices.

Personally, in the last 2 years or so since we switched to Dell, I've come to appreciate Dell's business support and the improvement of the latitudes since the D600 which i hated... now i have a D620 and it's decent and the D630 is cool, just a bit faster...

If you do have a T-41 or T-42, message me if you can't get anyone to pay, i might have an extra LCD laying around.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
make sure you say "unacceptable" "not to standards" and "ill contact a watchdog"