GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which tyres should I get?

Jono171

Ready to race!
I'm after some 235/40 R18s for my new wheels. A tyre guy I spoke to recently recommended Fulda Exceleros. $290 per corner. I've got contis on my stock 17"s, and I love them. Should I take a punt on the Fuldas (they do fit them on Maybachs after all) or stick with the big brands?

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
Im getting fulda exeleros on my 18s but they"re 225/40s. Dealer recommended them, also spoke to BobJane and they gave them the thumbs up!

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
I've got the Monza II or the Huffs or whatever they're called. My car is still at Patrick's Autocare and should be at my Dealer's within a week. The wheels are already at my dealers and they look pretty. Can't wait!!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
go for toyo high performance tyres like the mp3 i have them on my nissan and they grip great and the best thing of all they lasted me 65,000 km and they are still good, all i can say is that they are the best well for me at least hahahah :headbang: :thumbsup:

damo

Oval Newbie
Guys when I wear out my first set of tyres i will be going to get a set of Falken azenis rt215. I had em on my rex and they lasted 45,000km driven very hard, quality product huge grip and not bad in the wet also. Google them and have a look:burnrubber:

togaf

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Jono171 said:
I'm after some 235/40 R18s for my new wheels. A tyre guy I spoke to recently recommended Fulda Exceleros. $290 per corner. I've got contis on my stock 17"s, and I love them. Should I take a punt on the Fuldas (they do fit them on Maybachs after all) or stick with the big brands?

I've used Fulda Extremos exclusively on my MKII MR2 for the last 7 years. I find them to be a great all-round tire (wet and dry), good grip, reasonable/good wear (~20,000kms for rears, 40,000 kms for fronts on the MR2) and good value for money:
http://www.fulda.com/fulda_uk_en/our_tires/passenger/overview_summer/index.jsp

Sam
06 GTI arriving next month

Jono171

Ready to race!
Thanks for the comments togaf. I think I'll probably go for the Fuldas. The $290 per tyre price isn't the retail price ;)

I bet you can't wait for your car miketoti! I love the Hufweisen wheels, but couldn't find anywhere to get them except through a US/EU dealer. Is your VW dealer sourcing them for you?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Jono171 said:
Thanks for the comments togaf. I think I'll probably go for the Fuldas. The $290 per tyre price isn't the retail price ;)

I bet you can't wait for your car miketoti! I love the Hufweisen wheels, but couldn't find anywhere to get them except through a US/EU dealer. Is your VW dealer sourcing them for you?

Ahem.... Detroit or Monza II... :wink:

Most folks I've heard of that bring them into Australia get them from Hong Kong or NZ.

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
No boyz, sourced the tyres myself. VW Australia had a set lying around and I got my Dealer to do a deal for me. But yeah I think it is possible to source them from NZ/Hong Kong but aint cheap!

ab156

Go Kart Champion
Jono171 said:

What size wheels are you putting them on if you don't mind me asking?

Jono171

Ready to race!
ab156 said:
What size wheels are you putting them on if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going for the 18" RS4s. I think the ride may be too different to stock with the 19"s. That's my feeling anyway. I could be wrong though! Cost of rubber also plays a part!