GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

can GTi keep up with 400hp M3?

gti=sexy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
STI
today there was a car (mostly bmw) meet/drive. once i got there every car was an M3, cept for a 760i, soo hot. neways we started goin on the drive and after we got into the twisties 2 packs formed. the lead pack had two newish ones both pushing over 400hp. I was a little intimidated by them at first, then once we started gettin on it i realized i was keepin up. pretty much the whole way from stanford to santa cruz (55miles or so) i was on their ass. we ended up losing the entire second pack but hey its their fault for drivin too slow. comin home was totally a diff story. we had freeway the entire way back with light traffic. the fur sure owned me in that kind of atmosphere, but Im very glad to say that a GTi with only lowering springs can keep up with a heavily modified M3. w00t!

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
gti=sexy said:
today there was a car (mostly bmw) meet/drive. once i got there every car was an M3, cept for a 760i, soo hot. neways we started goin on the drive and after we got into the twisties 2 packs formed. the lead pack had two newish ones both pushing over 400hp. I was a little intimidated by them at first, then once we started gettin on it i realized i was keepin up. pretty much the whole way from stanford to santa cruz (55miles or so) i was on their ass. we ended up losing the entire second pack but hey its their fault for drivin too slow. comin home was totally a diff story. we had freeway the entire way back with light traffic. the fur sure owned me in that kind of atmosphere, but Im very glad to say that a GTi with only lowering springs can keep up with a heavily modified M3. w00t!

You can say it but it doesn't mean its true. Great story but there's no way. :smile:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yea mate... have to say there is not a hope in hell that they would not eat you for dinner...

The GTI VS XXX are getting silly why not just have a thread that is GTI VS Zonda and once we have had that thread there is no where to go...

Not that I doubt you GTI=serxy but the M3 must not have been trying...

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
NaterGator86 said:
GTI vs. Veyron, I mean hey VW makes both so they must be pretty similar...

End of story. :biggrin: :laugh:

Zonda F > Veyron :eyebulge:

now we have a real fight...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
M3 has it over the GTI in every department. If you were keeping up they:

a) don't know how to drive
or
b) weren't pushing it

I'm guessing the latter. If GTI was at 9/10ths, the M3's would have been at 5 or 6/10ths.

Sounds like a great drive tho. :thumbsup:

Speaking of M3, new E92 M3 spypics