GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. Magnum R/T

AlainLeon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i know....everyone hates these versus threads...but im bored, and arguing with a friend...

i was reading up on some info on both cars...and ive seen that the magnum does 0-60 in about 5.8 where the GTI DSG is about 6.3? I know thats not the tell all of performance, but it gives some kind of idea...

could a GTI keep up with a magnum? at least at first, from like 0-60.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yeah I think it would dick on you from the start and then eventually things would even up a bit. He'd probably still win fairly easily though.

viskas84

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
07 Mustang GT
KaynE said:
With RWD and 340 hp and 390 ft-lbs of torque, that thing will eat us!

I agree. I ran into a Ram Hemi the other day and barely beat it that thing is fast...it kept right up with me til almost a 100....but then I had it in D and not paddle shift so...but I still dont think we can beat a Magnum...and certainly not after 60mph thats when Hemi really kicks in...NO WAY
I love the GTi but....sorry no chance

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
just give me chip, exhaust, intake and bring em on. from a dig, roll--whatever

OH_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Funny this subject should come up, since I traded in my '06 Magnum R/T for an '06 GTI yesterday! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the Magnum is fast; but it guzzles gas, handles POORLY, and (in my experience) is a terrible in-town car.

I love my new GTI. It's also way more enjoyable than two of my other previous vehicles: heavily modded '02 WRX and '99 BMW 328i.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
NaterGator86 said:
Now here's one, GTI vs bimmer 3 series of your choice, LoL
which ones, 3 series are slow.

1990s - 2005 bimmers have the 2.5 liter = 170hp(crank) or 2.8 liter which make no more than 198HP(crank).

now the M3, thats a different bitch.

viskas84

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
07 Mustang GT
alf said:
which ones, 3 series are slow.

1990s - 2005 bimmers have the 2.5 liter = 170hp(crank) or 2.8 liter which make no more than 198HP(crank).

now the M3, thats a different bitch.

I dunn think we can beat the new 330I. that thing is quick

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
NaterGator86 said:
Def BMW 33X stock will beat us.

The 32X is almost always slow unless it has work work work put into it.

BMW Mx is just gonna eat you up :laugh:
you forgot #s first of all.... 2nd of all they dont make an M series w/ AWD..... they arent Audi.