GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lights

whatyjy

Passed Driver's Ed
hi everyone:
My the two of lights R32 which in the middle of the X-headlights never turn on, can somebody tell me why please? Thank you

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
if your on about what i think you are then they are the flash to pass lights

abngti

you'll have to recode your insturment cluster to UK or EU in order for the lights to do anything.

you'll need a vag-com to do it, but once done a pull back on the stalk will "flash to pass" and you can also make it so they come on w/ the xenon high beams which is extremely bright.

HTH

abngti

you'll have to recode your insturment cluster to UK or EU in order for the lights to do anything.

you'll need a vag-com to do it, but once done a pull back on the stalk will "flash to pass" and you can also make it so they come on w/ the xenon high beams which is extremely bright.

all the settings can be found here here

HTH :thumbsup:

whatyjy

Passed Driver's Ed
Does it mean if i don't set it up, then these two lights are not going to turn on? Now, the two lights are not turing on.......

abngti

yes, right now the only way they do anything is if you pull back on the stalk when the key isn't in the ignition. other than that they don't do anything on a US spec car until you recode it.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
yes, right now the only way they do anything is if you pull back on the stalk when the key isn't in the ignition. other than that they don't do anything on a US spec car until you recode it.

Huh?

They only work as flash to pass when the DRLs are on (i.e. ignition on, emergency brake off, headlight switch set to off). Under those conditions, if you pull back on the stalk, those inside lights will come on. No need to VAG-COM anything.

whatyjy

Passed Driver's Ed
hey abngti! how did you passed your break in period? I have 800 miles, but I try a few times to boost the car. Does it hurt?

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
really? But my car does the same thing as abngti said

That doesn't sound right. :iono: I would expect a US spec .:R32 to behave like a US spec GTI in this respect. They have the same kind of headlights. Sorry if I gave any misinformation.

abngti

i don't have any experience w/ MKV GTIs they may be different, I know that in the .:R they didn't do squat. does your GTI have halogen or xenon? might be setup differently if it's halogens.

the .:R is @ 1200 miles now and hauling ass :thumbup: it just keeps going, I haven't been on an autobahn since it's reached 1200, but even @ 110 mph it shows no signs of slowing, just keeps accelerating :eyebulge: