GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio System Void Warranty??

GTI689

Oval Champion
Hey everyone i have a 2006 GTI and wanted to get a new Headunit, subs speakers, amps all that good stuff.. the whole system.. but was wondering if this would void my warranty? I know they have to prove that my mods damaged somthing inorder to make me pay for it but what can go wrong? And how much would it cost to fix? is it somthing simple 200 dollars worth or can somthing major happen from just a system? Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Warranty wise, stereo's aren't necessarily an issue however if something were to go bad, it would most likely be your alternator from pulling to much non rechargable power. I always recommend a capacitor if your going to put a good sized system in any vehicle. Most alternator repairs are usually replacements in terms of power draw and that type of repair with the labor will be more than 200 dollars.

GTI689

Oval Champion
I recently had an air bag light come on for no reason? took it in and they fixed it with no charge, so i was thinking if somthing like if this happend again could they blame the system?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I dont see how unless somebody just set up some funky wiring problems. Technically if done right it should have no problems over all. The only/biggest problem is an over power draw. So I've never had the problem nor heard of it being a big issue.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i see your from south florida, and i'm not sure how much this would help. BUT, i'v heard that in NY - NYS passed a law saying that aftermarket stereo's DO NOT VOID auto manufactures warranty as long as they are installed by professionals. This law was made to help keep the integrity of that business. - not sure if this may be federal or not - but check your local laws.