GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno results

plac

GTI Master
3 graphs of my runs, and my best printout under that.
64F-68F ambient temp.
4th gear runs.
Bone stock.

Last edited:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
These numbers either prove they're under-rated or very efficient through the driveline. Nice frickin numbers and love the CW!

plac

GTI Master
zerogt86 said:
nice numbers! but i wonder, why are your numbers (and most other posts ive seen recently) all around the 175-180 range when the GLI on the 'tex put 200 down at the wheels?

link? so i can read all the controversy.

plac

GTI Master
drbubble33 said:
i thought it had around 200hp?

he said 200 at the wheels . it HAS 200 at the engine/crank.

200 at wheels = 230hp at engine.

Which is rediculous.

plac

GTI Master
ahh $100 for 3+ runs. I had about 6 runs. i seen it for $60-$70 in some places.

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
plac said:
link? so i can read all the controversy.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_1708.shtml

They posted this awhile back, and it had alot of people pissed off at APR because the numbers were not as advertised (although they are close if you covert the hp from whp to bhp). They claim their engine is underrated, but based on most numbers ive seen here our engines are right where they should be.

plac

GTI Master
exactly same as my nuimbers.. those are crank.

In stock form our GLI is putting out just under 200hp (some runs it spiked just over 200, so we averaged our four pulls together). Torque is about 225 lb-ft if you ignore the spike around 2,400 RPM

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
plac said:
exactly same as my nuimbers.. those are crank.

In stock form our GLI is putting out just under 200hp (some runs it spiked just over 200, so we averaged our four pulls together). Torque is about 225 lb-ft if you ignore the spike around 2,400 RPM

no, they are not crank, heres a quote from the article.

... it is clear that VW has underated the horsepower of the 2.0T, as there is no way the engine is putting out 200hp at the crank if we're seeing nearly 200hp to the wheels. The 2.0T appears to be pumping closer to 225hp stock at the crank (or better).

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
trick000 said:
Different dynos, different conditions. I've seen a graph of a bone stock gti here somewhere who had ~186hp.

That was me :smile: