GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JS Performance X-Y Short Shift Kit

d.C

DJ
http://jsperformance.ca/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=36

What do you guys think?

Here are some reviews,

"I just got the J S Performance SS kit today and installed it right away.
For those of us who like to shift, translation ,own a MT6, this kit just makes it that much more enjoyable. It requires no more effort than stock, Really! I was surprised since my previous experience with short shifters required more force.
The kit did exactly what Jose said it would do, nice short throws with O.E. quality feel. You can shift with your fingertips or flick of the wrist, no need for rowing. I also enjoyed the whole purchasing expierience. Jose, who makes the kit, answered any and all questions I had with confidence, even returning phone calls and E-Mail. A proffessional company with a great product I would definitely reccomend."

And,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2462146

d.C

DJ
i think i'll probably go with this, unless someone can compare this with the sigma 6 by dieselgeek.
price wise they're almost the same, since i have to pay taxes on the js one and i might be about to aviod taxes on the dieselgeek one.
the dieselgeek one looks pretty promisin'

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Can you explain your numerical reasoning as I'm confused?
The JS one will require you to pay tax, but the shipping is free; while the DieselGeek one costs $20 more and shipping is $16.
So is the tax for the JS one more than $36USD/$40CAD on a $195 item?
Isn't sales tax 7% not 20% like you're saying?

d.C

DJ
Nurendra said:
Can you explain your numerical reasoning as I'm confused?
The JS one will require you to pay tax, but the shipping is free; while the DieselGeek one costs $20 more and shipping is $16.
So is the tax for the JS one more than $36USD/$40CAD on a $195 item?
Isn't sales tax 7% not 20% like you're saying?

my bad for the poor reasonin' i'm just saying that their price is close. sales tax is 14%. and the fact that canadian is so strong right now, makes both prices pretty close to each other.

my frd's 337 has the dieselgeek one and he said it requires quite abit of force to shift and it's def. not oem feelin' but the bright side is that the throws are really short and that you can never mis-shift.

i'll probably end up with the j.s one

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
But WHY...come on do you really think we have long Throws now...take that down a notch, and it will be like driving a Del Sol, or even worse the Damn Cruisin World Video game shifter...that will take away half the fun of it...