GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chip friendly dealers in Lauderdale...

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Do you guys know of any chip friendly dealers in the Fort Lauderdale area. I would like to chip my car but I don't want the dealership to freak out for chipping a leased car. Is there a dealer that might even chip the car?

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I dont think you will find a dealer to chip the car. Just dont tell your dealer you are chipped. They wont know unless they run a diagnostic.

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
Do you guys know of any chip friendly dealers in the Fort Lauderdale area. I would like to chip my car but I don't want the dealership to freak out for chipping a leased car. Is there a dealer that might even chip the car?

Probably depends on the level of chip the svc writer and the day of the week.Mabye even if the svc writer had a good night sleep. Take heed!

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed
Go to Vista VW...Let Brock or Juan Carlos be your service writer and request Evan as your VW Tech. I waltz in with REVO stickers on the car and they just ask me how the car is running and what I have beat. Just be upfront about your mods. But they have awesome service.

zex021

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 BM GLI 6MT
yeh Vista is great. i go in with stickers on my car and its absolutely no problem thebigbang and many others of us around sfl do it

PanthersNHL7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
is gunther pretty lenient with chipping?

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
is gunther pretty lenient with chipping?
When I whent there I asked about chipping the svc writer said it's not our favorite thing but as long as it doesn't do any serious damage it's not so bad. He said just be honest and gave me the whole thing about if an aftermarket part is installed it only affects the warrant for the part replaced therfore if you get a chip and your ecm takes a shit or it causes another kind of failure you may not be coved under the warranty