GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" hufs in rain

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Most high-performance summer tires perform better in rain than most all-season tires. (As long as it's not too cold.)

I've been driving my 18" in rain for a couple of days now and I've taken some hard corners---and the ESP never kicked-in (meaning the tires never lost contact with the pavement so far).

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I think vehicle control in various weather situations depends largely on tires, not rims... As long as you got good rubber on your hufs you'll be able to drive/stop properly in wet conditions. Plus aren't front wheel drive cars better in rain/snow than rear wheel. I know my last car (rear wheel drive Volvo 240 DL) loved to swing it's big arse around in the rain....

:headbang:

funnycar

Autocross Champion
I drove in the wet stuff today for the first time in the GTI. I didn't push the on/off ramps yet, though the tires were stable easily above reccommended speed. Of course a ford suv screwed up my last exit ramp with my confidence rising abit.

If these tires are as good as the Bridgestone Potenza SO3 Pole Position tires,,, well, the ole GTI izzz gonna be fun...

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
i was pushing the car a bit on exit/entrance ramps yesterday and i felt the car slide a bit...but i guess thats what happens when your going 50 on a 25mph turn :biggrin:

My car is dropped and ive had excellent grip so far with regular driving in the rain. I ran falken ziex 512s on my mk4 which, IMO is better than the bridgestones.