GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer Oil Change cost?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Was wondering what everyone paid for their first oil change - if taken to a dealer..

I have ALWAYS changed changed my own oil in the past, but for some reason I think I want to take my gti to my dealer to have all maintenance issues taken care of.

I've searched through all the "Oil Change" threads on here and didnt find an answer to this question.

I will call the dealer today, but I wanted to get an idea first from everyone on here.

Thanks guys!

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
from what i hear its between 30-40$ for a dealer oil change....sometimes u can find coupons on your dealers website under service specials...check it out

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
why is the 5k oil change so hard to believe?

my 00 Si went every 5k and my mothers 05 Murano goes 5k for oil changes

as cars get newer the longer things last...when i was looking at the MINI before buying my GTI the MINI sales person told me that the MINI gets its first change at 5k and then another at 10k and then after the 10k change it gets oils changes every 10,000 miles

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Its is all a scam. The oil companies want you to change your oil every 3k because it increased sales. then the car companies extended the recommended interval to 5k to make money.ie your car craps out sooner :laugh:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Sinjin said:
Its is all a scam. The oil companies want you to change your oil every 3k because it increased sales. then the car companies extended the recommended interval to 5k to make money.ie your car craps out sooner :laugh:

yup yup...all of the new cars's owners manuals that i look through say 7500 and 10000 miles between each oil change. i do mine every 6 or 7, so that way i remember to rotate my tires as well at the same time.

big papa

Oval Newbie
I think your gonna find out the GTI costs more than usual for a oil change. Call'em and ask. $30-$40 maybe just for the oil.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
big papa said:
I think your gonna find out the GTI costs more than usual for a oil change. Call'em and ask. $30-$40 maybe just for the oil.

well if that is the case...then im getting a deal...a salesman at the dealer i bought my car from told me an oil change for my car will run me about 33$....i guess in 3,000 miles we will find out how much it really will cost me

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm changing the oil in mine at about 2k miles (which is any day). Since it's pretty much broke in I wanna get all that metal flake out of there that may be in there from the initial wear and tear. Then I'll do the 5k intervals or longer.

A friend of mine told me that if you are going to change the oil yourself that his Audi dealer friend said to make sure you use a VW filter. something about the filter that you need or is highly recommended. i call recall what the reason was, nor do i kjnow if it's true. might be something you want to look into if you plan on doing your own oil changes. then again, he may have just been pushing him to buy audi/vw specific parts.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
You must use an oil that is VW approved to not void your warrnaty. Has to be full synthetic. My dealer uses castrol 5w-40 syntec And VW filters. Its 40 buck for a regular oil change, full synthetic adds 25 , Acually thats what they quoted me for the first service, not just the oil change. But thats mostly all they do on the First service. Not all cars have scheduled changes at 7500 miles. For one thing the MKV has a turbo. Most turbo cars reccomend sooner oil changes than non-turbos. Also for alot of traffic driving or stop and go, they call this rough service, The intervals are cut in half. Personnally I do mine between 3500 and 5000. The harder you drive your car the more unburned fuel ends up in your crankcase, thats what breaks down the oil. That and Heat.