GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint. Northern ILL

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
how are the cops around here with tinted windows. i was thinkin of doing 20% around or 35 % around a cw gti. what are your experiences with the cops and window tickets. jw.

Raphael

SKEET! SKEET! SKEET!
Car(s)
2011 Evolution X
its against the law to have tints on the front windows i dont know how are the cops in mount prospect but they prob will give you shit for it

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I got a warning for no front plate by the IL State Police so I just tiewrapped the frame to my lower grill. No drilling required!

c1rcausa

C-RAW
In Bolingbrook there was a gto that got pulled over for tint, the whole car was tinted about 20%. I'm dying to get my gti tinted, thinking about going to my eye doctor and saying that my eyes are having trouble adjusting to the sun while driving. So I'll have a medical excemption and get tint on my gti.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
In Bolingbrook there was a gto that got pulled over for tint, the whole car was tinted about 20%. I'm dying to get my gti tinted, thinking about going to my eye doctor and saying that my eyes are having trouble adjusting to the sun while driving. So I'll have a medical excemption and get tint on my gti.

Yeah if the cop wants to believe that. I guess if you have a signed document or whatever. I am seeing too many cars with tinted front windows and it is killing me as well. I saw a clean Mazda 3 sedan yesterday, white with dark tint. Made me want to do mine so badly. Hell, even my sister's Grand Prix has tinted front windows, at least 35% if not more. No warnings or anything.

phunkstar

Go Kart Champion
Yeah if the cop wants to believe that. I guess if you have a signed document or whatever. I am seeing too many cars with tinted front windows and it is killing me as well. I saw a clean Mazda 3 sedan yesterday, white with dark tint. Made me want to do mine so badly. Hell, even my sister's Grand Prix has tinted front windows, at least 35% if not more. No warnings or anything.

he doesnt get to chose to beleive it or not, he has to let you go, medical exemption allows you to have your windows tinted.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
he doesnt get to chose to beleive it or not, he has to let you go, medical exemption allows you to have your windows tinted.

I would guess it would be more like he would write you the ticket..and you would have to present your medical exemption in court...at which point it would get thrown out...but still a hassle for tint

phunkstar

Go Kart Champion
I would guess it would be more like he would write you the ticket..and you would have to present your medical exemption in court...at which point it would get thrown out...but still a hassle for tint

he cant wtite a ticket, he will get his ass rammed by the judge for that. the medical exemption note has to be in the car and you present it to the cop when he pulls you over