GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

white GTI

eddmkv

RIDE TILL I DIE
hey everyone might be getting a new CW GTI, looks hella sick, my question is to those that have a white GTI, is it easy to keep clean? whtie is nice but it seems like it would be dirty all the time and the scratches will show a lot. please help to those that have experience, how is it own a CW. thanks!!!

it's not too bad, even with some dirt on it, it still looks pretty clean.

envyrew

Eurlaggin'
Car(s)
GTI MKV
i don't have a white GTI, but every other white car that my parents have owned has stayed pretty clean. it seemed like it stayed cleaner than black. and minor scratches were really hard to see.

people usually get white cars because they always look pretty clean.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Been a detailer all my adult life (since '77) and have had several white vehicles... easiest to keep clean. Far better than Black!

HipMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
mine stays pretty clean except in the winter which is probably that case for most. Even then touchless car wash fixed that for about a week, summer is almost here so it will be better then.

Diabel

2007 GTI, PK 2, DSG, CW
I have a candy white and i love it. i dont have any scraches but swirls (knock on wood). You can't actually see them unless you are going to look really closely. I am going to detail my car soon so i hope i will get rid of them. even if it is dirty it looks pretty clean. Easy to keep it clean. I was suprised. Deffinitly get it if you like it. :thumbsup: :w00t: :wub:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
hey everyone might be getting a new CW GTI, looks hella sick, my question is to those that have a white GTI, is it easy to keep clean? whtie is nice but it seems like it would be dirty all the time and the scratches will show a lot. please help to those that have experience, how is it own a CW. thanks!!!

If anything, the scratches are harder to see with lighter colors. I have some minor swirls as well, but I'm going with a full detail soon (claybar and NXT Gen wax). As for keeping it clean, I don't know. My black Jetta was a pain to keep clean and you could see all of the swirls and scratches on it, but white is just as much of a PITA. When you drive in the rain even for just 5 seconds, the car is dirty. White shows everything IMO. Also, I've noticed at least for the GTI, dust collects on the hatch. When it rains lightly, you mine as well just expect to have to wash it again. I'm not complaining as white looks awesome when it is clean, but then again, almost every color is the same way. Never owned a silver car, but my mom has one and hers "looks" cleaner than mine most of the time, even though I wash mine more. But it's up to you man. End of ranting.

agentcooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 Candy White GTI
I've got a CW GTI and it's not too bad to keep clean. Minor scratches and any spiderweb swirl marks are very difficult to see unless the lighting is just right and you get really close to it.

The back hatch does collect dust but that would be the same for any GTI. Overall it's better than black IMO. If you want a color that appears to be cleaner I would go with united gray.....but....I think white looks better!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Cw is the fastest color Gti :biggrin: :evil: :biggrin:

Doesn't go that far.:biggrin: But it does stay cooler in the summer. Having a black on black leather car as my last sucked in 90+ humid weather. I had heated seats 365 days a year.

VWgirl

Passed Driver's Ed
The only downfall I have with the colour is from rock chips. I don't know if the paint is less thick than other colours but I have a couple of rock chips and I can see the steel. Besides that, it's really easy to maintain. I had black magic pearl on my GLI and it was soo easy to see the swirl marks, you could see the dust easily too.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The only downfall I have with the colour is from rock chips. I don't know if the paint is less thick than other colours but I have a couple of rock chips and I can see the steel. Besides that, it's really easy to maintain. I had black magic pearl on my GLI and it was soo easy to see the swirl marks, you could see the dust easily too.

This is any color really.

TEABAG

GTI Bunny hopper
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV CW 2.0T
All I have to say is that CANDY WHITE IS THE SH*T!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! It looks luxurious and clean ( If you get the CW make sure you tint the windows to the legal percentage ) Is gonna look sicko!!!!