GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio-CD on MFD2 Sat Nav Unit

Chucky666_UK

Hi guys,
just wondered if any1 can help.
I have just replaced my boring rcd300 with an mfd2 sat nav unit which i bought off some1 in germany from e-bay.
Problem is - I can't get this b***d to play an audio-cd burned with nero 7. It keeps coming up with 'Wrong DVD'. I just dont get it. been through all settings an options and i know shouldn't need to cos it should to play a simple frickin audio-cd. In the manual its says that the mfd supports audio-cd.
The only option i have is to get a cd changer.
Any ideas any1?? help greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

pipehose

ROCKET R32
this may be a silly question but have you tried a proper qudio cd in it .. a non copied one maybe a faulty disc

Edition 30 UK

Loud Noises!
Can't help any more than that, but you've gone down a route I've beeen thinking of. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you source yours for? Happy with results (other than CDs....)?

Chucky666_UK

Can't help any more than that, but you've gone down a route I've beeen thinking of. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you source yours for? Happy with results (other than CDs....)?

Mine was sourced from a fella in germany from e-bay and cost me 420 smakaroonies inc delivery (without navigation dvd disc ). Easy to fit in mins. but it seems like i got an oem one taken from a gti which comes with a cd changer in the armrest.
this means i have to fork out for a changer aswell. but tell you what - the nav unit really beefs up the car!!!!

Edition 30 UK

Loud Noises!
Nice one, cheers. Just have to wait until the wife spends up on some JCW parts for her Mini then I can blindside her with this. Should only be a couple of months at the most!

vRStu

Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
The early DVD ones require a flash upgrade to enable them to play CD's.

It's not the end of the world an simple to do.

vRStu

Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS

vRStu

Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
The file is 8mb so I could email it to you

vRStu

Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
I'll email you now.

Can hotmail take an 8mb file?

Chucky666_UK

Thanx Stu, i have used the update you sent me and all is working fine!!
Your a star! cheers for the help.

p.s. the update was from Nov 2005. My version was Mar 2005. Isnt there a later update available from v4 version of VW Nav DVD??