GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Think I can get this warrantied?

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Car(s)
CW 2006 GTI
So when I bought my car this last Christmas it was on the show floor, and it had a big red ribbon on the hood. After purchasing the vehicle and them taking the ribbon I realized that there was a scratch on the hood where the ribbon used to be. I notified the dealership and they repainted that area of the hood and fixed it for me.

Well anyways I didn't get that done until the middle of January, and they told me to not wash my car for at least 3 weeks to make sure that I didn't damage the clearcoat. Well I waited about 5 weeks without washing it, and I finally did yesterday.

As I look at the hood I notice that where the old scratch was there are no problems, but there are like 5-7 circular spots on the hood that are missing paint :confused:

I guess they could be dings from gravel and shit, but I don't drive NEAR a gravel road and I don't recall ever being behind a truck or hearing anything hit my car. I'll have to take pictures, but on some of them you can actually see that the paint seems to have been lifted up from the pressure washer at the car wash.

You guys think that I can get them to warranty fix this? If so, is there a particular angle you suggest that I take?

Thanks

slickvic

I scare other drivers
A warranty is protection against manufacturing, safety, and design defects, so I'm guessing no.
This is 100% caused by the dealer and it is entirely up to them if they decide to be nice and take care of this or be dicks about it and tell you to get lost. They already got their money from selling the car to you. There is not much incentive for them to want to help you at this point considering that they repainted your hood already.
I'm not taking their side on this issue, just giving my opinion as some "Joe off the street" who is not involved.

nc-gti

Ready to race!
So when I bought my car this last Christmas it was on the show floor, and it had a big red ribbon on the hood. After purchasing the vehicle and them taking the ribbon I realized that there was a scratch on the hood where the ribbon used to be. I notified the dealership and they repainted that area of the hood and fixed it for me.

You have learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

Never, ever, sign for a car that has damage. Once you sign, you loose your right to reject the car and have the dealer get a replacement.

You never want to accept a repaired new car.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
youre not supposed to take it through a car was or anything using pressure for like 2 months to let the paint really cure. you can hand wash your car after a week or so, oh an also you cant wax it for like 2 months either, other wise the paint wont be able to fully cure.

the dealer could tell you its your fault and they wont fix it. depends on how nice they are. however if they didnt tell you they should fix but:iono:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Take it to Westside. That will be your best bet. Those guys are really good in the service department. They've helped me out a few times on little stuff that they didn't have to, but chose to anyway. Best of luck with it.