GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible Group Buy?

buckets

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Have been 'forced' to upgrade my mobile to iPhone 4 and now have to get a new holder to comply with the road laws......:mad:

Anyway, after the great experience with dsldevelopments, I'm ordering a Brodit bundle/holder again so have decided to throw it open to all and sundry. If we get enough, we could probably get a reasonable discount. At the very least, we will be able to share the shipping costs.

For those who have never played with these before, here is a link. Will be ordering next Monday, so be quick!

buckets

Ready to race!
Compared their prices last time I ordered a Brodit bundle and found it was cheaper to get them from the UK. Even when the Aussie dollar was in the toilet compared to now! But, yeah, thanks for reminding me about these guys. I will do the right thing by all and do the price comparison bit before placing an order.

buckets

Ready to race!
You can try here as well - shipping will be faster...

http://www.holdmyphone.com.au/

Wow.....just did a quick comparison between the two suppliers with the order thus far......:eyebulge:

It turns out if I go to dsl developments The saving (including VAT which is removed) is $A70 cheaper than holdmyphone.com.au!

Guess I know where the order will be placed.....considering the items are exactly the same.

morty

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk5 R32 3door
I bought in with Buckets the last time he arranged one of these group buys and I must say it was one of the best group buy experiences I've had. A true gentleman. Get involved if you need one!

macad

apple pixel pusher
So what is the price from the UK, I paid $180 for mine two years ago and I got it the next day.

buckets

Ready to race!
I bought in with Buckets the last time he arranged one of these group buys and I must say it was one of the best group buy experiences I've had. A true gentleman. Get involved if you need one!

Thanks for the kudos morty.

@ macad
As far as price is concerned, for the three items(two passive phone holders and one brodit mount) including postage and VAT (of which the VAT will be waived as we are outside the UK) the price translates to just under $A112.

Equivalent mounts and clip from Sydney NOT including postage was $A186.99!

Last time I placed the order with dsl developments it took around a week to get here but for the $70+, I'm happy to wait for a few days.....after all if I ordered from the 'local' the stuff has to be shipped down from Sydney anyway!

macad

apple pixel pusher
A week is not bad - can't argue with that saving!

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
hey Craig.

try these guys too.

http://www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk/

i got my pro clip from them.shipping took about 10 days.
i think mine ended up costing me about $80 delivered.
for both the clip and the mount.

that was just under 12 months ago.

Edit: forgot the link.....

Edit 2:

also, i just checked, and they have my clip and mount now listed for $61.
then you'd have to remove the VAT and add shipping costs.

that price is for the angled mount and an iphone 4 holder with tilt and swivel
for an iphone 4 that has a bumper cover on it.

Jason.

Last edited:

buckets

Ready to race!
Thanks Jason, but the order has been placed. Looking at the prices however, dsl are a little cheaper as they discount for "bundling" with a holder. Then the shipping is 10 quid total for worldwide and then David (from dsl) discounts the VAT also. Works out a bit cheaper overall. But thanks for the other leads guys! Phone updates come around pretty quick and the more vendor choices listed the better!.