GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Fog Lights?

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Is it possible to get an aftermarket HID kit installed in the fog lights? I have installed a HID kit to a 2004 A4 before, pretty easy to do so im hoping this one wont be hard as well but any DIY instructions?:help:

I know that when your HIDs and highbeam on the fog turns off too. Is there other ways around it?:confused:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You can get around the foglights shutting off with highs coming on. We just have to find the relay that is shutting it off and bypass it.

burro

Ready to race!
You can enable fogs with high beams by using Vag-com and just changing the long coding in 09.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
oh nice
now for sure i will get the aftermarket HID kit
have any of u done it??

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
why replacing them with micro DE? i thought they are micro DE already since most audi/vw are

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The Micro DE Fog Lamp is the smallest DE auxiliary fog lamp from Hella. It provides surprising flexibility in terms of light placement and gives automobile designers, tuners and do-it-yourselfers a small trend setting auxiliary fog lamp ideal to pedestal mount in the grill, under the bumper, or flush-mount through the front air dam/spoiler.

The Hella Micro DE auxiliary fog lamp uses a halogen bulb mounted in an extremely small, sturdy and temperature resistant magnesium housing featuring DE projector lens optics. The Micro DE auxiliary fog lamp shines a white light in a wide, low, flat beam that has a sharp cutoff to reduce light reflecting off the water vapor back into the driver’s eyes. Additionally, because the Micro DE fog light beam is white in its color, it can also be used to help illuminate the road during rain, as well as, around corners and tight bends on clear nights.
Google first returned result http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/hella/micro_de.jsp

awilson529

Ready to race!
HID foglights are the worst idea in the world. White, blue, purple whatever color HID bulbs are reflect back off of water droplets.

Yellow fogs are where it's at. 100% functional as yellow light cuts through fog.

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
awilson529 said:
HID foglights are the worst idea in the world. White, blue, purple whatever color HID bulbs are reflect back off of water droplets.

Yellow fogs are where it's at. 100% functional as yellow light cuts through fog.

this is rule number one! very true indeed.

HID fogs are to show off. but I think HID front lights are good enough to shine a bit on the highway at night.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Well i never planned to use the Fog as a real fog ...haha i just want some more look and light output under normal condition...sounds stupid but yea haha