GOLFMKV

The Colorado Rally to Wuste2011!!

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
WusteRallye 2011
"Look Mama, No Drama!"

The Official WusteRallye 2011 will be bigger and better than last year. Its not just a drive this year!! WusteRallye 2011 is just that. A DagBall styled rally that it's only intent was, and is, to bring the Colorado scene closer. Not have one club, or another, draw a line and divide the scene. That is not what any of us want. I am trying to get all the Colorado based cars to join in on this NO CLUB affiliated drive from Denver to Las Vegas for Wuste2011...

Here is the break down. Just like the last 2 years....

1) We will be leaving Thursday June 2nd bright and early in the morning.
- meet at the Einstein Bros Bagels at 6:00am (we have secured a 15% discount on your tab) 14401 West Colfax Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80401
- Get on the road no later than 7:00am
- I-70 W and I-15 S - 753 mi 11 hours 50 mins
- we will take about a 30 min "pit stop" every 250 miles give or take.

2) Arrive at Las Vegas.
- check in and unload the cars.
- some will wash cars, some will start drinking!!

go from there.

Pics from WusteRallye 2010

VWVortex event coverage 2010

I have been hearing from every side of the coin, “Why are there two or several drives headed to the same place?” I am also confused on this matter. However, I have listened and I feel there is a great solution. Lets all forget about the clubs!! The only way to move forward is to put aside what ever petty differences there might be and just join up and roll together. For crying out loud, this is about cars, not personal egos. Just like the main event, Wuste2011, this rallye is for everyone, no matter who or what.

So, I am personally extending an invitation to Chad and the VW Union members, along with Rocky Mountain B5, Audizine, DubZentrum, Edition 719, DCI, and whatever other club is there to join forces and go out to Vegas as one big group. I want people to join this drive if you are NOT part of any club. Why can't we all be a part of a huge group of “This is what Colorado has to offer” or something a bit more catchy..

Let us all be hopeful that every car club and group will just blur the lines and just merge into one great big caravan to Wuste. Show support for this effort. Lets hear your voice!! stop the drama... Who is on board for a drama free, free cost and free fun on a great drive to a great event?? Lets all sit down, redefine WusteRallye, and try to get a game plan that is equally enjoyable for every VW, Audi, and Euro headed to Wuste2011!!!

other rally's for reference.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...NJ-gt-gt-gt-FL

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...l-photo-thread!!

Last edited:

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
thread updated. New morning meeting location is now Einstein Bros Bagels at 6:00am (we have secured a 15% discount on your tab) 14401 West Colfax Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80401

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
We are gaining speed.. directions and stops posted

there is still some reserved parking and show registration spots available..

Einstein Bros Bagels, 14401 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80401‎

Get on I-70 West

Take exit 31 for Horizon Dr. Turn right onto Horizon Dr

Horizon Shell, 745 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506-3935‎ - (970) 243-6710 ‎will be on the left

Total: 232 mi – about 3 hours 53 mins

Turn right to merge onto I-70 W
Entering Utah
Take exit 40 toward I-70 BUS/Richfield
Turn left onto N Main St
Take the 1st left onto E Flying J Dr

Flying J Travel Plaza
25 East Flying J Drive, Richfield, UT 84701-1851‎ - (435) 896-5422 will be on the left

Total: 223 mi – about 3 hours 25 mins

I-70 W/US-89 W ramp to Las Vegas
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-15 S/Las Vegas and merge onto I-15 S
Take exit 6 toward Bluff St
Turn left onto UT-18 N
Turn right onto S Convention Center Dr

Sunmart and Texaco will be on the right

Total: 167 mi – about 2 hours 33 mins

Turn left onto the Interstate 15 S ramp to Las Vegas
Merge onto I-15 S
Passing through Arizona
Entering Nevada
Take exit 42 for U.S. 93 S/U.S. 95 S/Interstate 515 S toward Phoenix
Merge onto I-515 S/US-93 S/US-95 S
Take exit 70 for Boulder Hwy
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Henderson Phoenix Needles
Turn left onto NV-582 S

Boulder Station Hotel Las Vegas, 4111 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89121‎ - (702) 432-7710‎

Total: 123 mi – about 1 hour 59 mins

Total trip = 745 mi – about 11 hours 50 mins