GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 - Are you in???

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I just ordered my Deep Blue 2008 R 32 last night. Who else has made the leap for the new one... and how helpful was your dealership in getting this done?

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
not a lot of people will buy these because of a few reasons:

1) doesn't have the hype that the MKIV .:R32 had
2) 2.0T's can be modded to be much faster than the .:R for much less money
3) They are uber expensive

But I still congratulate you, having an .:R is awesome especially if you are into them. So enjoy that sweet car when it finally gets here!

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I just wanted a R32 and missed out onb the 2004s due to bills and responsibilities. I can't wait to get mine, and want to go to the waterwagons GTG at Pacific raceways in my ride. After driving a 2004 R32 and 2007 GTI with DSG, the potential performance of the New R32 is mindboggleing, well it is to me. Remember, I'm stepping up from a 2001 GTI with the 174 HP 2.8 VR6 and five speed to a R 32, so my change will be drastic.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
yea... im going to have to say yes on the mind boggleing. it will be a great car, great torquey N/A motor w/ DSG, great sound and looks, its the whole package of sexy.

congratulations, youll be a monster around the apex's w/ the extra 75% more distribution to the rear wheels.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i would really think about buying one if they came out in MT. You can flame me for not buying a car cause its dsg only but thats how i feel and thats the reason why...

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
the .:R32 comes in white too :headbang:

HipMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
^^^6 speed MT would be sweet. They are kinda pricey too :thumbdown:

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
I am not going to buy one because I have the GTI. when I need more speed I will just spent the $8k less money I paid for mine on more mods.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
The dealer was telling me a delivery date of late August to early September. If I see the car before late september... I'll be happy. I had a strong internal arguement over buying early, or waiting until I come back from deployment to Iraq. I was also waffleing over a R32 or a 25th anniversery edition (that hasn't been announced yet). I figure one in the garage is worth two somewhere else!! I was able to drive a 2004 R32 at the dealer, and it was a fantastic car. If the same accelration is avalible with the DSG and the improved body and suspension of the MK V chassis, this car will be a handful. Also, the top gear videos were a great selling point for the wife element. This is a polarizeing car, peopel will either love it or hate it... and not too many people hug the fence.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i love everything about the R besides two things...the euro R rims are alot nicer looking and accourse the tranny why would u make a sports car/ hot hatch w/o having the option in MT..