GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OK all you San Diego people what are some good road trips?

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Once i get my GTI and get it broken in i'm planning on taking a couple single day road trips and a nice long one up to the Monterey area.

What are some good off the freeway road trips?

brokendreams

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 BM GTI
Looking for spirited driving?

Palomar mountain is great (technical), and then from there you can hit Highway 76 which goes through all the Tribal Reservations, which is a really beautiful and fun drive. You can then take the freeway to the Ortega Highway, which runs to the beaches in the OC, pretty fun drive but there is traffic in the morning.

You can also run up the 15 to the 18 (through Apple Valley, PM me for a map) and go the back-way into Big Bear, which is a great twisty drive with some degrading S turns (two back to back at one point), fun uphill and CRAZY coming back down (did it in a mini-van once---talk about brake fade... rotors were actually glowing after 45 mins of 20 degree grade)

Also... Oceanside backway through Fallbrook and De luz... Really twisty, crazy drive, pretty scenic and sometimes scary. Little to no traffic EVER, road gets down to about sidewalk-thin at some points.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
one of the single day trips is from SD accross to the Salton Sea Then up through julian, Lake Henshaw, and Palomar then back down through escondildo.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Here's a website of a rider that goes around Cali specifically looking for great riding roads. He rides a motorcycle but I can imagine the roads would be fun to drive too.

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm