GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oettinger intake group buy

michael_

mvettasphotography.com
Car(s)
GTI Mark5 / EVO IV
After hearing about the airflow system of the oz delivered gtis and my earlier thread ( here )and with the rediculous pricing structure for shipping from the US i thought why not see if we can get an australian distributor to do a group discount for us on the following item:

VOLKSWAGEN Golf 5 GTi Engine Accessories

OETTINGER RAM-AIR

With the standard intake most of the air stream passing through the front skirt is released in to the engine room. Once the carbon Ram-Air collector has been fitted, the complete air flow is directed in to the air filter box. Due to the optimised flow form and the excess pressure created, more air is fed to the engine as the speed increases. This in turn leads to a noticeably improved response and increased power.

The noble component is manufactured in Carbon and impresses with its first class fit and finish. The OETTINGER RAM-AIR intake is available with or without sport filter insert.

Below is an image of what we are looking in to which would replace the OEM intake.

So please reply to this thread with your interest in purchasing the item, once i hit say 10 i will get in contact with Guy from http://www.oettinger.com.au and see what he can do for us.

These items currently retail at $699.00 each so i am hoping with 10 or more we can get that price down quite a bit.

I will update the thread accordingly.

Ohh btw if somone thinks there is an equal product made by someone else please let me know i will contact them aswell.

Interested based on final price
michael
nike61
srbsta
SideFX
dodgey
aussiegti

Last edited:

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins
After hearing about the airflow system of the oz delivered gtis and my earlier thread ( here )and with the rediculous pricing structure for shipping from the US i thought why not see if we can get an australian distributor to do a group discount for us on the following item:

Below is an image of what we are looking in to which would replace the OEM intake.

So please reply to this thread with your interest in purchasing the item, once i hit say 10 i will get in contact with Guy from http://www.oettinger.com.au and see what he can do for us.

These items currently retail at $699.00 each so i am hoping with 10 or more we can get that price down quite a bit.

I will update the thread accordingly.

Ohh btw if somone thinks there is an equal product made by someone else please let me know i will contact them aswell.

Interested
michael

Count me in Michael!

However, I'm gonna do a runner if Guy comes back with anything more than $485. As based on current exchange rates, I could get it for that price (including shipping) from NGP Racing.

But will his price include installation by one of his local dealers?

Thanks!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey i am interested..........but what is the difference between the carbonio and this oettinger, they look the same :confused:

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
hey i am interested..........but what is the difference between the carbonio and this oettinger, they look the same :confused:

As srbsta has picked up on, the only difference between the Oettinger and carbonio is the sticker, so a tip guys.... Hagle on on Carbonio which he retails for $599!:thumbsup:

And another bit of advise, hagle him for some BMC Panel Filters, that will make a difference!:burnrubber:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I think the sticker is different. On the Oettinger one it say Oettinger, and on the Carbonio one it says Carbonio.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
:laughabove: damn for 599 i can get a BMC CDA which is like 5kw atw :biggrin: but i like the look of the shape of the carbonio and the ottinger :thumbsup:

michael_

mvettasphotography.com
Car(s)
GTI Mark5 / EVO IV
Count me in Michael!

However, I'm gonna do a runner if Guy comes back with anything more than $485. As based on current exchange rates, I could get it for that price (including shipping) from NGP Racing.

But will his price include installation by one of his local dealers?

Thanks!

from there its $400 AUD delivered, hmm.

Well for those interested if you are not fussed if its oettinger or Carbonio APR i will do more hunting and find the best price then contact them on a group buy

SideFX

Black and White
My dealer reckons any Oettinger products will NOT void warranty as it's an approved product by VW...not sure how much truth is in his statement but if it is true...I won't rule out Oettinger completely..
I couldn't be arsed replacing the CAI everytime I take the car in for a service...

dodgey

Not a VW owner
FAIK, APR bought Oettinger, and APR has a working relationship with Carbonio...

Probably why they look almost exactly the same other than the badging.

Well I can't afford $500.00 much less $600.00, so it would be wholly dependant on the final price and how much I have saved...

I'm happy to work out the installation myself though :D

SideFX

Black and White
oh yeah...I'm with AussieGTI in this one...count me in but if it turns out more than the import (which I presume would be)...I'm bailing...
Damn US or the Euo market have the buying power...:frown:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i like it coz it looks good and if it dosnt void the VW warranty and if someone can prove that it gives me at least 5hp then i will deff get one hahahaha

nike61

Ready to race!
Are you guys quoting USD or AUD?
I would like to know if it voids the warranty or not? Can anyone find out :confused:
I'm interested, but as per the others it depends on the final price and the postage cost.
I think also importing 10 will incur also customs duty :iono: so check if we can buy singley for the seller as we are all in different locations :thumbup:
Has anyone tried to do a deal with the local dealers for all of us :confused: :confused:
I'll contact my dealer as they tend to do a lot of VW but aftermarket stuff.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler

I know everyone says the Oettinger and Carbonio intakes are the same... but has anyone seen both in the flesh?
I don't know if Oettinger made Carbonio take crappy pics of their version to justify the crazy price difference... :tongue:

But to me, the carbon weave looks a lot nicer on Oettingers from the pics.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
BTW, michael_ I'm keen if we can build enough interest and get a good discount off Guy. Maybe see what he says about the warranty issue too?

i like it coz it looks good and if it dosnt void the VW warranty and if someone can prove that it gives me at least 5hp then i will deff get one hahahaha
I doubt there's 5hp there but if it can give improved fuel economy and a more aggresive sound, it would make me feel a little better. :biggrin: