GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance for the GTI in the US?

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
What should I be looking at paying per 6 months for a 5-door, dsg, blkmagic?:iono: Waiting till the 5-door gets here. Currently paying 479every 6 months for my 02' Si.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Well... I'm covering for 50k and I got into an accident a few months back... so it's $950 per 6 months.

trick000

Paying $283 for full coverage for just the GTI. Thats with 1k deductibles and lowest coverages. $686/6months total for 2 cars. The other one is a 2002 RSX.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
gdzlla4602 said:
What should I be looking at paying per 6 months for a 5-door, dsg, blkmagic?:iono: Waiting till the 5-door gets here. Currently paying 479every 6 months for my 02' Si.

How much you pay will in part be based on your age, sex, driving history, where you live, and credit score. But since you have an si, I would think your premium will be about the same.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
For my one GTI about 70 a month...

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Bah, im 16 and im on with my parents and i have a discount for drivers ed and wat not, just to add me was about $4,500 a year!!! and thats the lowest rate we could get... stupid insurance companies.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Any who were you looking at for insurance companies? I had my dad co sign to aid my APR on the loan, so the insurance would be under his name as well...and 70 seemed like a dam* good deal to me..

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
Well i will be getting married in Aug. so i will have to combine my fiance's car with mine, and might have a home to insure, so i don't know what im gonna do

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
the marriage thing should lower the rates...

KaynE

RJS5689 said:
Bah, im 16 and im on with my parents and i have a discount for drivers ed and wat not, just to add me was about $4,500 a year!!! and thats the lowest rate we could get... stupid insurance companies.

I'm 17.
If I didn't get into an accident, my quote for the GTI would be about 1200 a year; however my insurance is 1900 a year because of a minor accident. It can actually be cheaper, but my dad doesn't want to take that low of a coverage.

You are asking the insurance company to put the car under your name on your dad's insurance account. I was quoted $6k a year if the GTI were under my name.