GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dealers put regular gas!?

HoT DOUgh

my friends dad bought a lexus is350 a week ago and
he told me that they put regular gas :thumbdown:

as you know, the is350 needs 91+ octane

his dad found out by the loss of performance while driving
and i think he tested the gas whether it was 91+ or 87 (not sure how he did it)

are the vw dealerships doing the same to the cars that require 91+? :iono:

if this is true, are the dealers cutting costs or something?

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
our cars (gtis anyway) can run fine on regular just with reduced performance, they recommend the higher octane for full performance.

that being said, it would not surprise me at all that the dealer would make a mistake about that, when I got my 5k oil change, they put in regular oil not sythetic and I had to argue with them and get my salesman to go talk to the master mechanic to tell the serviceman that the car required synthetic.

how are you getting gas from the dealer? I never got any.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I guess he meant his friend's dad got the IS350 with the tank full after you purchase it. That is usually the case I believe.

Though, some dealers may fill it up on 93 or 91... I think it really depends on how whoever is filling it up feels that day:wink:. Drewski... that stinks about the arguing man ( oil )... mine just asked me if I needed regular or synthetic.. obviously synthetic added more $$ to my bill...lol

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
they shouldnt be asking you that anyway, vw requires 502.00 oil and according to them the only oil availible in the states is synthetic. so the dealer should know that and put the right oil in. if I put regular oil in my car, they would be trying to void my warranty.
the service guy was telling me that the only vw engines that required synthetic oil was the 2.5l.

I figured that it was probably just a fillup when the car was purchased.