GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Gauge

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey does anyone here have a boost gauge installed thinking of getting one done before i get my flash just 2 make sure everything is going smooth and is it hard 2 install........the reason i didnt post it in the Cosmetic Mods (interior+exterior bodykits, CF kits, etc..) section is that i have heard that out GTI is abit diff 2 theirs i might be wrong but i hope yous ppls can help :thumbup:

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
My suggestion, DO IT. Its always good to know what you're boosting. Just in case you get paranoid and think you might have blown a your diverter valve or PCV. With the chip you will most likely blow one if not both. You'd need the C revision diverter valve. And do a search on the PCV fix. Before you chip you'd be better off doing all of the above so that you dont have any unexpected down time. Stock im boosting upwards of 14-16 psi and holding around 10psi during acceleration.

With that being said...

The installation is not too bad. I'll just say dont give up if you're having a hard time with the engine cover. It will come off, just dont jerk on it slowly pull each corner up a bit at a time and it will come off. The other pain is removing the battery although i've seen a lot worse. The grommet that you will use as your feedthrough is right there in the open and if you have DSG then you have a nice cut-out for the clutch pedal that you dont have and this makes a very handy feed-through as well. I personally have the AWE boost gauge (flawlessly matched and oh so accurate) that goes in the left side vent. Its really not that hard to get in there and with the light switch right under it its a breeze to wire up. Overall it took me around an hour or so to do while i was taking breaks at work. Just make sure you have a set of Torx drivers and a ratchet with a nice extension.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The italian job .doc indicates functions associated with the "compressor" are around 11-0 to 11-4 and the "impeller" around 12-0 to 12-4. :iono:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
so does anyone in oz have a boost gauge anyone lol

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
There is a HEAP of info on boost gauges in A5 Jettas in the tdi club forums. Sure they are for jetta AND tdi.. but im thinking that the procedure has got to be pretty similar.

Guage Pod available options

Coolest boost guage EVER!!

Newsouth performance installation PDF

^^^ just threw that last one in cause I'd say the install proceedure would be very similar in any A5....

Hope this is of some help. Lots of turbo intercooler talk on the tdi forums.. not directly applicable to your gti's.. but of interest (im sure) to some of you doing similar mods. Lots of good sources for bigger turbos etc as well. Not many threads about spark-plugs there tho ;)

srbsta, I will be doing this as soon as I get my APR chip tune. But atm, its a good 6-8 months down the track. Will be bloody interested to hear how you get on.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey had the APR tune done yesterday and all i can say is wow......thats why i need a boost gauge 2 make sure everything is running good

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
yeh had 2 pay $1999 plus 199 for the lockout program

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey prodigue thats exactly what i wanted 2 c how much did it cost you just for the boost gauge co i will have it mounted somewhere near the steering wheel or in a vent

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
ohhhhhhhhh is that a F430 god damn thats nice hahahahh

prodigue

Avantgarde
hey prodigue thats exactly what i wanted 2 c how much did it cost you just for the boost gauge co i will have it mounted somewhere near the steering wheel or in a vent

I bought the Defi gauges and control unit from Singapore. Don't think they have them here. Installation charges were about A$200+.