GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LC reflash through Canada dealer yet?

luigi88

Passed Driver's Ed
I see thread with LC reflash enable on previous 06 GTI MKV model through some US VW dealer, I wonder do anyone know is there any Canada dealer, mainly from Vancouver can do the LC reflash for the 06 GTI MKV model? because I want to get the reflash :)

Mokona

Passed Driver's Ed
I see thread with LC reflash enable on previous 06 GTI MKV model through some US VW dealer, I wonder do anyone know is there any Canada dealer, mainly from Vancouver can do the LC reflash for the 06 GTI MKV model? because I want to get the reflash :)

Ermm.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but Canada started with the 07 GTI as opposed to the 06 so it should be covered? I'm still waiting to hear back from my service advisor, but I did check my VIN based off the TSB and it falls into the category so hopefully. :thumbup:

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Our vins are in the bulliten range since ours were called 07 not 06 for some reason so im hoping they will do my car tomorrow if they say no il say my vin says im in that range..... I need launch control the car is painfully slow due to lag off the line, takes a good 2 secs for the turbo to kick in or i have to try to floor it before the light changes and risk a miss start....

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
some guy in vortex did their flash in Cedebrae VW.....
check their MK5 forum.

sorry, i don't have the link, coz my IT department block me using vortex :evil:

mxyzptplx

Passed Driver's Ed
Not quite Vancouver... but for those in the GTA area I know Georgetown Volkswagen is willing to do it. Also, they are conveniently located in the same building as H2Sport, a VAG tuning shop that does APR remaps and lots of great mods. I haven't done the LC flash yet, but likely will soon.

italia1

Forza Azzurri
My car came with LC, i took ownership november 4th, are you sure you guys don't have it? What happens when you try to rev up to 3K RPMS?

eason_c

My car came with LC, i took ownership november 4th, are you sure you guys don't have it? What happens when you try to rev up to 3K RPMS?

I think our cars are the first batch that have LC out of the factory for Canada. I got my car on Nov 22.

unitedGTIguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Ermm.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but Canada started with the 07 GTI as opposed to the 06 so it should be covered? I'm still waiting to hear back from my service advisor, but I did check my VIN based off the TSB and it falls into the category so hopefully. :thumbup:

Corrected. I test drove the 06, bought an 07. I picked it up in July (5door. My Name was on a waiting list) and the dealership told me to forget it, LC wasnt available.

Recently took it too another dealership. They spent like 30 minutes on it, reflashed, and I spun my smiling ass the whole way home!

DUB2OT

Banned
I just had LC installed on my 06 GTI with no problems I went for a test drive with the technician that installed it he told me that it could be installed on any DSG GTI or GLI I had to go through VWOA to get it installed it’s funny because I went to the same dealer with the TSB six weeks ago they told me that it was VIN specific and it’s for the 07 models only

:thumbup: