GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 TSI APR Stage 3 vs. Forge Motorsport's GTi

Keith@APR

Banned
The cars:

The first GTi in the lineup. Our TSI show car.

AND

VS.

The forge GTi furthest back in the lineup.

Pics courtesy of brdaniel89 at the other VW site.

The Story:

So, APR and Forge were staying at the Hilton this year. I'm sure they saw us hanging around after the show up in the bar just like we saw them.

On Saturday night, we were heading up to Chili's with our MK5 TSI and our MK6, both Stage 3's. We valet'ed the cars for easy access and security. Whilst we are waiting for the valet attendant to deliver our rides, we see some of the forge guys heading for the parking garage. Thinking nothing of it, we jump in our cars once delivered to us and proceed to hit up Chili's.

As we leave our hotel, right before the light for rte 18 we see the forge GTi parked on the side of the hotel exit seemingly waiting for us to leave. Ok....its Jersey and the cops are crazy and they are on the lookout for speeding, racing, etc. VW's and Audi's but "what the hell" I thought as I had bail money in my pocket.

I pull up to the light in the right lane, the forge GTi jumps out of their hiding spot into the left lane and Chris in our MK5 ends up behind them. At this point I am thinking to myself that this must be a setup of some sorts and that this forge GTi is making some serious power OR they have no idea what we are we are packing. Anyways, its obviously game on.

As the light turns green, we hang a left onto rte 18 which is the wrong way towards chili's but looked like the best spot to hit it as we were heading right over the overpass for the Turnpike with a nice long straight and not much traffic, cool.

Looking for the typical 3 beep and go I roll out nice and slow in first expecting us to get up to some kind of speed and then fire it off. Once we get straight from the turn however, the forge GTi starts to spool and they are in it WOT. Uh oh, I say to myself, so much for a clean race.

I quickly short shift into second and start to get the 6 up to speed as the forge GTi is pulling. Boost pressure hits at 22 psi and the traction control light starts going crazy. Damn, but I am still reeling in the forge GTi and all is well.

I'm in the far right lane at this point and it ends very soon. Well, if this race is still close they prolly aren't going to let me over. I'm a little stressed for a second and so I have no idea what the MK5 is doing but I glance over and Chris is in the 3rd lane just one over from the forge GTi.

Top of second with traction control still doing its job and a little bit of wheel slip, I start to pass to the forge GTi. Whew! I might make it around before the lane ends.

Bang 3rd and its like the forge GTi is standing still. I put an instantaneous 4-5 more car lengths on the forge GTi and very easily merge in front of them. At the same time Chris is now right next to me one lane over and the forge GTi is doing nothing but disappearing in our mirrors. A nice little APR Power sandwich for the forge GTi.:clap: Just for fun, I go ahead and hit fourth for a couple of thousand rpm's and then slow down to let forge catch up.

Thinking I am just going to give them the thumbs up, Arin who is my passenger rolls his window down and we look over and hear the driver yelling:

"I've got 4 people in the car!" "4 people!":bellyroll:

Arin and I laugh and roll our eyes and look for the stupid no left turn U turn things so we can turn around and head back to chili's. At this point I wish I would have hit the hazards when we blew by them seeing as we were obviously up against some "fast and furious" type boy racers with the typical excuses and all.

Arin and I merely assumed it was a stock turbo car and forge didn't know what they were up against. I mean seriously, that car was obviously down at least 100hp against us. I didn't even consider it a kill at that point since it was such an unevenly matched race.

Silly Ricers!!!!!!!

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Oh...its on...

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Oh god, This isnt going to be pretty lol.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
WOW i think this has it all, a setting, plot, twist, hero and villian...what is this the script to F&F 5

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
What you didn't like Gran Prix?