GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those With Suspension / Subframe Popping or Clunking

crypto

Crypto-Designs.com
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
My car was randomly making a clunking/popping sound when taking sharp left turns, or reversing left. After 6 trips to the dealership, they finally figured it out.

Here is the report so you can see exactly what they did. I guess they used a fix from a Passat TSB 40-07-01
Click Here to Download TSB PDF

So if you are having similar issues, this may be the fix for any subframe or suspension popping. It worked for my car and I've had no popping or clunking since they did this.

Last edited:

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same issue and I am actually getting it taken care of tomorrow along with a few other issues...what do you mean it will come back, did you have the TSB done?

Whitedevil08

I like big boobs
I have this same problem!! Everytime i back up with the wheels turned, my fucking right front suspension pops (totaly stock). I've taken it to the dealership twice already and its still doing this! I've printed all this information out and i'm gunna take it to the dealership a 3rd time to have this fixed. After this and its still doing it, i'm lemon lawing this car.

PanthersNHL7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
dunno how i would prove it to them, mines completely random lol

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
i dont get the noise when i trun it is usually when i am going straight and i hit certain bumbs or dips in the road any one have any other suggestions except for subframe bolts im on koni coils almost all the way down

crypto

Crypto-Designs.com
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
Just to let you guys know this IS the fix to get. I have had ZERO issues since having this done. I've been driving pretty hard, and going over as many bumps as possible, but I've had no clunking.
I definitely suggest you taking this info to your dealership if you're having similar problems.

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
i've printed out the TSB and will be going tomorrow to add it to my appointment to figure out why my air con is not working properly. but my problem is that it only happens randomly, but when it does... damn is it loud.

csmkv

Speeder
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
you are the MAN OP, although i decided to reply before reading thoroughly :biggrin:!! I bet there are a number of people like me seeking for a solution`

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
mine goes ping ping over certain bumbs im going to bring this up to the dealer to see if it fixs that noise its so annoying