GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those With Suspension / Subframe Popping or Clunking

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
fail. i'm from canada, and i showed a printout of what was posted above using the passat part fix to the service advisor, but he told me he could not use what VW USA recommends for warranty repair if VW canada does not say the same thing, and his dealership would not be reimbursed by VW for the warranty work.

csmkv

Speeder
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
fail. i'm from canada, and i showed a printout of what was posted above using the passat part fix to the service advisor, but he told me he could not use what VW USA recommends for warranty repair if VW canada does not say the same thing, and his dealership would not be reimbursed by VW for the warranty work.

That's lame man... Maybe try some other dealer? I used to have a terrible dealer too...

crypto

Crypto-Designs.com
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI

That's kinda dumb. You should kick up a fuss and call VW. This fix obviously works and if they don't fix it then they aren't honoring your warranty.

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
i can't do anything about it. when i used to have a toyota the same thing happened to me as well (heater core). it has something to do with warranty claim information that u see on the last page of that TSB... it's different from VW canada's system.

Quicker10u

Pwned by P90x until....
Car(s)
06' GTI
hmmm....Thinking of a way to do this on my own...Such a PITA to get it to the dealer...I get the pop after a hard change in direction (randomly)..Like when swerving around a damn Chicago Pot-hole...

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Man I'm just getting a rattle when taking off straight. Sound like loose sheet metal. Hmm

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Mine would clunk on hard cornering also. You should see how much the parts are. You could probably do it yourself

The washers are cheap ($$$)...can't remember, but not much. However, as another member mentioned, the noise will return. The washers don't really lock the bolts into place as well as they should and eventually, the bolts will loosen back up and the popping will resume. It's a "bandaid" fix at best. From what I have been told, blue threadlock is a good way to hold the bolts in place, but I have yet to test it.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Man I'm just getting a rattle when taking off straight. Sound like loose sheet metal. Hmm

That sounds like an issue with your Evoms HS. I had the same noise...it was slightly rattling against the turbo inlet hose clamp on my intake. I bent it ever so slightly away from the inlet...problem solved.

VW_MKV

hater
Car(s)
GTI
i can't do anything about it. when i used to have a toyota the same thing happened to me as well (heater core). it has something to do with warranty claim information that u see on the last page of that TSB... it's different from VW canada's system.

2 washers and 2 bolts for 16bucks. Just do it yourself like i did, it took 30mins of my time.:thumbsup:

I dont even bother with the dealer on minor things, not even worth my hassle to explain to them.:rolleyes:

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
Post a diy. I'm sure it is easy but by just lokiing at the pic where the insert is suppose to on the tab makes me tilt my head like a confused dog. I'm sure evryone would appreciate it and you'll definitely get an ebeer from me for sure.