GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedo TSB!!

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Yes guys I finally got the reflash from the dealer. The TSB says that it's only for 07's but I went to World VW in Jersey and they did it for me. Now I can take my receipt saying that they fixed my Speedo Problem to court and get my ticket thrown out!!!!
P.S. They didn't mention that the actual speed is less than what the spedo shows so I'm in the clear!!!!!

Tom$lick

Ich bin ein Berliner
Car(s)
A6
A word comes to mind... Perjury. Watch yourself when trying to pull a fast one on the man.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
hmmm....i would be carefull....never know you may get a judge that may look it up (i know its a long shot but still)

plac

GTI Master
and the TSB isnt worth anything anyway. and it changes the odometer rate in a negative way also. Most people decided not to do it.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
You deserve what you get if you try to pull this off. Why not just pay the ticket instead of putting yourself at risk for a perjury charge?? I hate to break this to you, but you're not the first guy to try and get out of a ticket using a bogus excuse. Trust me, they've heard "my speedometer is off" about a million times.

Here is a bit of advice, go to court, plead no contest and ask the judge to consider dropping the charges in light of your evidence that the speedo was showing the incorrect speed. Don't say anything beyond that and don't plead not guilty. You have to prove that you weren't speeding. Your piece of paper only states that your speedo was wrong - it actually helps the prosecution in a trial because you're admitting that you have no idea how fast you were going!!!

untchablecs

Ready to race!
I have an 07 and used my MFD to check the speedometer. I got on the freeway got up to "80" on the speedometer then went into my MFD to the avg mph display and reset it while maintaining a constant speed of "80" on my speedo. My MFD said i was going 75. "85" on the speedo was about 79 on the MFD and "90" on the speedo was 83 on the MFD. So I just figure its off by 5mph and adjust my speed accordingly. I'm used to it now. And the speedo is more off at higher speeds. I don't really notice it till i'm above 50-60 anyway.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
does this apply only for gti's or is it for rabbits too. i have no mfd so compare with. all i know is when im @ 80 rpms are like 3200-3300 but i have 5spd. anyone w/ rabbit compare.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
You deserve what you get if you try to pull this off. Why not just pay the ticket instead of putting yourself at risk for a perjury charge?? I hate to break this to you, but you're not the first guy to try and get out of a ticket using a bogus excuse. Trust me, they've heard "my speedometer is off" about a million times.

Here is a bit of advice, go to court, plead no contest and ask the judge to consider dropping the charges in light of your evidence that the speedo was showing the incorrect speed. Don't say anything beyond that and don't plead not guilty. You have to prove that you weren't speeding. Your piece of paper only states that your speedo was wrong - it actually helps the prosecution in a trial because you're admitting that you have no idea how fast you were going!!!

Not a bogus excuse.. You see I have an Uncle that use to be a Cop and he said that no matter what your not going to get out of a ticket by visual estimation because the judge always sides with the cop but.... he also said that if you have proof from the DEALER not one of those regular guys on the road trying to make a buck.. but if you have Proof from the DEALER that something was wrong with your speedo then you can't be held liable for your speed. I also was told this by the DA in Westchester County and by an Attorney that I work with that use to work with the Prosecuters office for Westchester County.. And guess what Offense he use to prosecute???? Traffic Violations/Traffic Law.. So thanks for your input and have a nice day... Turned my happy thread into one that I would rather not have started.. KThnxBye!!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I don't understand how the Odometer could be afected? If that was the case then why not go the oposite way to 1 and put less miles on your car. I did the 7 for about a week then turned it back to 3.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
So it will work for a 06? I would much rather have mine be accurate than fast just because I actually pay constant attention to my speed.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Not a bogus excuse.. You see I have an Uncle that use to be a Cop and he said that no matter what your not going to get out of a ticket by visual estimation because the judge always sides with the cop but.... he also said that if you have proof from the DEALER not one of those regular guys on the road trying to make a buck.. but if you have Proof from the DEALER that something was wrong with your speedo then you can't be held liable for your speed. I also was told this by the DA in Westchester County and by an Attorney that I work with that use to work with the Prosecuters office for Westchester County.. And guess what Offense he use to prosecute???? Traffic Violations/Traffic Law.. So thanks for your input and have a nice day... Turned my happy thread into one that I would rather not have started.. KThnxBye!!

Let us know how that works out for you.... :rolleyes:

plac

GTI Master
I don't understand how the Odometer could be afected? If that was the case then why not go the oposite way to 1 and put less miles on your car. I did the 7 for about a week then turned it back to 3.

going to "7" puts less miles on your car.