GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Brake Upgrade

skcheng

Ready to race!
I know this has been covered before, but I'm really excited about my newest upgrade. After driving an Audi TT, I found the brakes on my stock GTI poor in comparison. So after discussing with Dan GSR the available options, I initially decided to upgrade lines and pads. Well, I found a GREAT deal on an R32 swap with my brakes!! I couldn't pass up on it. So here's the final list for my brake upgrade:

1) R32 OEM front and rear calipers/rotors/shields
2) Neuspeed SS lines
3) Tyrolsport caliper bushings
4) Hawk HPS pads
5) Bildon 50mm lugs/nuts

Dan worked all day on the swap. Brakes are powerful, modulation and feel are great and I couldn't be happier. No more mushy, weak pedal feel and poor stopping ability.

The R32 rear caliper/rotors are larger than the stock GTI units. I kinda miss the red, but oh well.

Big THANKS to Dan!! Just a beautiful job!! :happyanim:

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That looks awesome, i kinda like how big the brakes are and it looks like there is no clearance for the caliper

and DanGSR seems to run the Tri-state modding, hahaha

skcheng

Ready to race!
17" Visions. I bought them specifically for my winter setup planning on the R32 upgrade. I knew they would clear, but barely. Kinda like big boobies in a tiny bra :biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't help that.....just happen to be playing Mortal Combat vs DC on the PS3.

skcheng

Ready to race!
Congrats Sk, glad you finally got around to getting them installed, have you decided what suspension you're going to run in the spring?

It took a while. Brakes are awesome!! So much nicer than before!!

I'm going for the KW V3 coils. Unless something better becomes available btwn now and Feb/March.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
That looks awesome, i kinda like how big the brakes are and it looks like there is no clearance for the caliper

and DanGSR seems to run the Tri-state modding, hahaha

i heard he does house calls to...

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
o and by the way very nice mod. i wanna do this one day.

did you get them in the for sale part of the site? i saw someone selling there kit for 500 bucks but it was sold before i could even get it

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
nice brakes...

i am saving $$ to the R32 upgrade too...

skcheng

Ready to race!
o and by the way very nice mod. i wanna do this one day.

did you get them in the for sale part of the site? i saw someone selling there kit for 500 bucks but it was sold before i could even get it

I got my brakes from someone who parted out his R32. But $500 for just fronts is a GREAT deal. I got my R32 brakes for my GTI brakes + cash.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, did the rear brake carrier fit just like the OEm one (same holes)? On the pics from ETOS/ETKA, the rear brakes look pretty different on R32 comparing with GTI !

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
This is what I'm talikin about :

Don't know the word in english but it's the element onto wich the brakes and damper get fixed !

Attachments

• Portfuzeta GTI-R32.jpg
    Portfuzeta GTI-R32.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 10,147

skcheng

Ready to race!
Hmm, did the rear brake carrier fit just like the OEm one (same holes)? On the pics from ETOS/ETKA, the rear brakes look pretty different on R32 comparing with GTI !

From what I understand, it was a direct bolt-on. Maybe when Dan wakes up, he'll chime in :lol:

I like the blow-up prints that you posted. I printed them up to file away. Do you have a link to the front setup with all of the part numbers? Thanks!!

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
4) Axis HPS pads

typo, the pads are from Hawk, not axis

the rear brakes are bolt on, even the rear brake lines are the same
the only difference is that the heatshield for the rear, only 2 of the 3 holes line up
but it is secure