Better check your cam follower regularly guys

J-GTi

GTi Lurve
if not this is what happen to mine

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
if you had an A cam, how much generally is it to get the revised B cam?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
LOL so if you have a A cam, youre pretty much screwed if its fucking up.

07Noside

Banned
LOL so if you have a A cam, youre pretty much screwed if its fucking up.

If you are out of warranty. There was a standing TSB out on it that you could have had it changed no problem but since expired I believed. If you're still in warranty they will swap them for free if it shows signs of wear.

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
when did they B cams being to be used? and with either a stock or apr hpfp will the A cam hold up? replacing followers doesn't bother me as long as the cam lobe holds up with either pump

07Noside

Banned
when did they B cams being to be used? and with either a stock or apr hpfp will the A cam hold up? replacing followers doesn't bother me as long as the cam lobe holds up with either pump

I have a build date of 03/07 and my car came with a B cam installed. The reason they changed cams from A (one piece) to B (two piece) is because the A cams were not holding up even when being used in even stock applications. The best you can do is keep an eye on it. 9 times out of 10 and what I've been seeing personally is that an upgraded fuel pump does not increase any wear over the oem internals. The only thing that may induce wear is the constant need to rev the car out higher and higher with all the extra power :)

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Is the "A" Cam prone to fail? YES! Can it be avoided? YES!

Look guys, there are some people out there running HPFP Upgrades with the "A" style cam. With that said, it is RECOMMENDED that you upgrade to the "B" cam, but I have even seen failures of this set-up failing with the OEM HPFP. If you're going to mod your car for performance, you better get used to checking the follower. Obviously, checking the follower is going to be exponential in the regularity with the more mods the car has. Stage I cars...maybe have to check around 40-50k miles just to be sure. Stage II cars...I would have a look see around 30-40k miles. Stage II+ (and above) cars...I personally would check it at least every 10k miles.

Does this mean that you're going to have to replace the follower at this time...absolutely not. Note: these time-frames are just MY OPINION, so take it for what it's worth. But, keep in mind that it's much easier to replace a $50 DIY part, than a $1k plus Labor Cluster.

ard

Ready to race!
this has been said before but its hard to lock down a date where all cars after which will have B cams.

i have a 2006 and have a 2-piece B-Cam

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
how do i check which one i have? i have almost 30k miles and its an 07

john31388

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI