GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the Votex front lip the same as the Edition 30 front lip?

andyleem

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is in the garage at the moment getting a kit fitted, I asked for a Votex front lip but they mentioned something about getting an edition 30 one. At first i just assumed that the lip was the same but i now want to make sure.

I have found a picture of a definite votex lip..

I want mine to have an identical lip to the picture above so can you tell me if the edition 30 is different?

Thanks

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
That looks like a Votex lip with the splitter section painted black, making it hard to tell the difference (at least on my monitor).

This is the Edition 30 lip:

And this is the Votex... can you see the difference? There is a gap on the Votex

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^ They're different. From the 'tex:

NA OEM lip (everyone has seen this... it's low on the outside, and sort of hollowed out in the middle)

Euro OEM lip (this is the same shape as the NA spoiler, but has a seperate center 'splitter' section in the middle)

IIRC you can actually buy just the splitter as an add-on to your OEM lip to give it that euro look.

They're very similar but I much prefer the Votex.

+1. Didn't realize they're that similar before, but it definitely makes me appreciate the Votex lip all the more.

Nuvolari

Lobo
^ They're different. From the 'tex:

NA OEM lip (everyone has seen this... it's low on the outside, and sort of hollowed out in the middle)

Euro OEM lip (this is the same shape as the NA spoiler, but has a seperate center 'splitter' section in the middle)

IIRC you can actually buy just the splitter as an add-on to your OEM lip to give it that euro look.

+1. Didn't realize they're that similar before, but it definitely makes me appreciate the Votex lip all the more.

hehehe :rolleyes: I meant the euro lip looks the same as the ed 30 lip :iono:

i can't notice the difference :bellyroll: