GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do MY07 GTIs have a bigger turbo?

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
We had a dyno day yesterday and all was going well until right at the end when I put mrs minigolf's stock MY07 GTI on. These figures are at the wheels...

149kW = 199.8hp
These cars are marketed as having 147kW at the flywheel.

Of course, now everyone is questioning all the results of the dyno day. I've been to enough of these days to know that there's a fair amount of BS that follows them. Haha! But one of the guys there said to me that it's a little known fact that MY07s had a change of turbo, to a slightly larger unit. I have no reason at all to not believe his claim, so putting the result of our GTI to one side for a moment, can anyone please confirm if an MY07 turbo change did happen?

Getting back to the dyno day, it's funny, if our GTI had of returned a result around 125-130kW nobody would have blinked and all the other results would have been pretty much taken as gospel. C'est la vie.

For the record, after our car another stock MY07 GTI ran on the dyno, and he got 144kW. So, if nothing else, at least the dyno was consistent.

:laugh:

Cheers Liam

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I have not heard anything of it but if its true im glad i waited to 07 MY!:thumbup:

You will never get this!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
no, the 07's do not have a bigger turbo

let me clarify, regular GTI's do not. the only GTI for 07 that i'm aware of that got a larger turbo was the ed30 for europe (K04 instead of K03), and the pirelli (same thing). but the rest still have the K03

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
umm don't these cars have 200 stock since 06? i would say thats the same turbo. i wish there were bigger turbos.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
the Edition 30 is a totally different engine... its a detuned S3 engine and with a few simple mods you can have 300 hp... i have VWoA

Lucidity

Marx
My 06 GTI dyno'd at 200 whp.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
i know but thinking about the Ed 30 makes my wee wee tingle.