GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CW Build

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
This is basically just a place for me to keep track of my progress. The beginning is going to suck but it will get fun.

I just moved the whole thread over from vortex so I can show you guys on here as well.

Lets start with my vortex journey. I joined roughly 4 years ago because I wanted to sell my busted up front bumper on my mark 4 GLI.

Two years later I ended with this.

To be honest I think I liked it better "before" but I learned a lot along the way and met a lot of awesome people and thats what counts.

I ended up selling my Mark 4 to feed my need for speed and bought this

The bike was great. It WAS a 2007 Yamaha R6. I was on my way to school taking an uphill right hand turn in my lane when a guy in a suburban decided his text message was more important than staying in his own lane. I ended up on the sidewalk with my bike on top of me. I guess i hit a retaining wall? Apparently the guy got out to make sure I was ok then drove away. NO helmet NO gloves shorts and a t shirt :thumbup: . I was just going to school, less than a mile away. Wear a helmet people.

In the mist of my friend trying to cheer me up, he decided to give my winter beater a paint job :laugh:

good thing it only lasted one more winter... 330,000 miles!!! :thumbup: I actually ended up scrapping it and used some of my own cash to buy this for $4,500

It was a quattro fully loaded with only 150,000 miles on it. :thumbup:

Then things got fun. It was an audi so of course it had misfires after a couple months of buying it. I replaced all the coils and one day driving down a hill she just decided to fail on me. It needed a new starter, alternator, downpipe, exhaust etc etc. It was so dead i couldn't even jump it to roll the windows up. I didnt have the time to part it out so I sold it to a guy off craigslist for $5,000 roughly 6 months after buying it. Not bad :laugh:

That brought me to where I am today. With a lot of searching I found a certified used Candy White Mark 5 Gti. I always wanted one so it was like a dream come true.

I loved the car but I didn't even get a picture of it stock before I started ripping things off. The first picture i took of the car was this, because I felt the need to sell the wheels asap

A few months after buying it...

I removed the rear valance, side skirts, smiley, RV mirror, and front lip and sanded them down.

More to come.

Ill just update the build in the thread to make it easier.
:thumbup:

thanks for reading!

Last edited:

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Parts are all done! They look great. Cant wait to throw them on the car. Im going to let them sit in my house for a few days but they will be on soon! Coilovers will be on hopefully within the next two weeks :thumbup:

Also A huge thanks to Kerry for filling my grill holes, sanding it, and repainting it a textured black. looks great :thumbup: Also cant wait to get that on.

very nice. please let us know what ur using to paint it?

We sanded the texture down, cleaned them with lacquer thinner, dusted on primer, wet-sanded them, then re applied primer. Then we taped them off, and took them to a local paint shop for a blast of white and a clear coat. It ended up costing me about 250$ start to finish :thumbup: Looks great.

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Update 1/29

Got very bored today and decided to throw on the rear valance and the front lip. Both were not very much fun. I ended up just taking the whole rear bumper off and putting the lower valance on inside my house where it was warmer.

Nonetheless it turned out great. A few chips and paint cracks but they will be touched up this week!

Cant wait to get the sideskirts on!

Pictures (First picture is a test fit)

Nothing too exciting about the front. It will look much better when its lowered.

:thumbup:

Coilovers soon!

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Update 2/1/12

Everything as far as body work is pretty much done! The grill looks great on and so do the sideskirts. Coilovers coming within the next couple weeks. :thumbup:

iphone pics suck i know.. once i get it slammed ill have kerry take some real pictures with a real camera :thumbup:

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
It was like 60 degrees here in wisconsin today so I had to hand wash her inside and out.. Feels good to have a clean car in the beginning in march :thumbup:

I know its STILL not lowered but I'm not going to complain when they are 400 bucks. Plus it will probably rain fury in the form of snow here out of nowhere like it always does when least expected so I'm not worried. Ill get pictures posted of the wheels when they arrive. They were sent out yesterday so im hoping they get here by saturday. Enough with the talk, try not to throw up from all the wheel gap :banghead:

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Update: 3/11/12

Got the wheels!! Well, two of them.. Fedex needs to get their sh!t together

They came in pretty decent shape, for $450 I will not complain. Just so you guys know they are NOT staying this color. They are already in the process of being sanded down to be sprayed candy white. They are AB EINTZ monoblock reps made in germany only. It was a CHORE finding specs on these. They are 18x8.5 all around and as youll see sit pretty nicely. I bought 215/40/18 pirelli all around and they should be later this week along with the hubcentric rings and other two wheels.

Anyway, on to the pictures. These are kind of teaser pics because I dont want you guys hating my wheels before you see them with suspension... Yes I know I need low. The coilovers are off my friends car and are going on saturday (The day before I leave for vegas :)

Ill keep you guys updated with the process of refinishing the wheels. Shouldn't take long at all, as the wheels are in really good condition. Just VERY dirty

Thanks for looking. I'll update you again this week when the other two arrive.

Last edited:

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Update:

Tires will be here tomorrow (3/13/2012)

Took the purchased wheels into get sand blasted and also picking those up tomorrow

Installed LED plate light.. Biggest pain in the A$$... why cant they just be plug and play :facepalm:
Started working on the centercaps
Hopefully getting hubcentric rings in the mail tomorrow as well :thumbup:

imbossay1028

Ready to race!
Home from vegas and it was a great trip! I made it back in one piece thank god.

I was surprised with these when I got home, they turned out great, the pictures just don't it for me. I am extremely happy with how they finished.

Coilovers FINALLY going on saturday.

Frame notch getting done this week as well as mounting and balancing those wheels on some rubber.

Saturday should be an epic day. I can't wait

As always, thanks for reading.