GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Adaptec Speedware 5x112 to 5x114.3 Adapters

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
The concept to wheel adapters is fairly simple.. drill a set of holes that matches the car's lug pattern.. then drill another set of holes that matches the wheel's lug pattern and put studs through it... Sure, sounds simple.. but finding someone that can do it and do it right is the hard part..

Don't sweat.. say hello to Adaptec Speedware of Motorsport Technology because these are "the guys" in this field.. a family owned business with 25 years of experience, you bet they know a thing or two about making custom wheel adapters.. continue reading..

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
They are the ones supplied with the adapters.. 10.9 grade. and yes the head is really low profile so it sits flush with the adapter.

JPmkV

Ready to race!
Looks like a nice piece of hardware. :thumbsup:

Do they charge more for a 15mm adapter in comparison to a 20+mm adapter? I've seen some places charge extra for them.

I know that every place I've ever seen has charged more for the thicker ones. ECS for example, charged an extra $25 a pair for their 20mm 5x130 adapters than their 15mm pair.

-FF

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
So where's the review?
In the quoted portion there's a "continue reading" link, as well as clicking the photos. :thumbsup:
I know that every place I've ever seen has charged more for the thicker ones. ECS for example, charged an extra $25 a pair for their 20mm 5x130 adapters than their 15mm pair.

-FF
Yeah I've seen places charge more for thicker spacers/adapters as well. Just curious. :smile:

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
Looks like a nice piece of hardware. :thumbsup:

Do they charge more for a 15mm adapter in comparison to a 20+mm adapter? I've seen some places charge extra for them.

I honestly don't know.. because I haven't got the chance to order a thicker adapter from them before. But I shot them an email regarding this, so I will let you guys know when they let me know.. hahaha

I have the same adapters with 14mm studs :thumbsup:

Any particular reason you went with 14mm studs??

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
I got a set of adaptec adapters before they joined with motorsports tech and they were much more detailed with dimples in the side and the size machined into the adapter.

I have also bought direct from motorsports tech and they look much like this, adaptec customer service is much more pleasant but the cost difference may not be worth it. There was an $80 difference.