GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Adaptec Speedware 5x112 to 5x114.3 Adapters

I got a set of adaptec adapters before they joined with motorsports tech and they were much more detailed with dimples in the side and the size machined into the adapter.

I have also bought direct from motorsports tech and they look much like this, adaptec customer service is much more pleasant but the cost difference may not be worth it. There was an $80 difference.

Yeah I've seen those adapters, back when they had their old supplier. Like I said, I don't think they actually do anything other than slap their name on someone elses product and profit.

RPF1, what did they charge you? It used to be 360 from adaptec, and 280 if bought through motorsport-tech.

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
Yeah I've seen those adapters, back when they had their old supplier. Like I said, I don't think they actually do anything other than slap their name on someone elses product and profit.

RPF1, what did they charge you? It used to be 360 from adaptec, and 280 if bought through motorsport-tech.

Wait so you are saying who is slapping whos name on the adapters??
For my particular set I was quoted $320 shipped..

OT but op is it your car that is in a wobble bolt demo on youtube?
edit..yes it is.. squerspokes.com:wink:

Yeap that's me :biggrin:

Wait so you are saying who is slapping whos name on the adapters??
For my particular set I was quoted $320 shipped..

Motorsport Tech has been around for over 25 years, no idea about Adaptec. I shouldn't have said anything to begin with, I feel like I'm shitting up your thread.

I love your car, especially the splitter up front. :thumbsup:

mkvgtiiiii

AntiAir Revolution
Car(s)
static
Was the $320 for just two or for all four?

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
hmmm, I wonder how much will it cost for overseas shipping... I want to attach JDM wheels, since I live in Japan!!

You should contact them on their facebook page.. they do a lot of overseas orders, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Flared

Ready to race!
Says they got acquired by MST, interesting

Adaptec Speedware was owned by fifteen52 and recently sold to MST.

IMO you do everyone at Adaptec and fifteen52 a disservice by suggesting it was merely a middle-man "slap the Adaptec name on it and mark it up" proposition. As has been mentioned here, excellent Adaptec customer service was part of the product, along with a massive understanding of the various dos and don'ts of the adapter spacer game. FWIW, many respected and popular brands use outside suppliers. What if APR doesn't make their exhausts in-house? What if Rotiform doesn't own the factory that makes their wheels?

MST is no slouch, either, of course, and IMO it made perfect sense for them to take over the Adaptec name. :thumbsup: