GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally My TSI Big turbo Kit ordered !!

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Finally after 3 month of analyzing, searching and busting bulls, I finally made a decision and placed my order for my Big turbo Kit. :biggrin:

I went with Eurojet EJ400 TSI Kit / Unitronic tune with GT3071R Garret turbo and intercooler. :thumbsup:

I should receive it mid February; I will take some pictures and post it.

I am not rushing due to the weather and the snow. My car is stored anyways.

The Kit will be installed in April with Unitronic TSI BT tune.

If anyone is asking, Unitronic have the TSI BT tune software already but not official yet and just as a hint the Stock tune will be pushing around 380HP crank on fully stock internal…. and upgraded only Rods 445 HP on stock fuelling. :wink:

Once the upgraded fuel injectors will be available, then u could push the Kit furthermore.

Very happy I finally took my decision and it is time to move forward.

I will post pictures and Videos once everything is installed in spring.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Picture of the KIT.

Attachments

• btkitfull.jpg
    btkitfull.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7,891

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Congrat!
We know you're Uni. Fan boy!

Thx :thumbsup:,

i had many possibilities (BSH, APR Stage 3) even i was looking into AWE GIAC k04 but if you go EJ400 u have to go with Uni the software is tuned for the Kit.

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
How much was it ?

So no rods then huh....

What do u mean no Rods ?.. U need Rods ! they have 2 tunes one for stock internal and one with Rods upgrade .. however yes the Fuel/injectors will handle much more then the FSI up to around 440 - 450 Crank..

The price was very good and tempting as well but for political reasons i can't give it out :smile:

GolfRS

Banned
What do u mean no Rods ?.. U need Rods ! they have 2 tunes one for stock internal and one with Rods upgrade .. however yes the Fuel/injectors will handle much more then the FSI up to around 440 - 450 Crank..

The price was very good and tempting as well but for political reasons i can't give it out :smile:

Well, if you are not going above 400 then its ok, but if you are, i wouldn't trust ANY factory rod to hold up.

If you have a look at the TSI rods, they are not THAT beefy.
Perhaps slightly thicker than the TFSI, but i guess TSI owners like to live more dangerously :bellyroll:

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Well, if you are not going above 400 then its ok, but if you are, i wouldn't trust ANY factory rod to hold up.

Perhaps slightly thicker than the TFSI, but i guess TSI owners like to live more dangerously :bellyroll:

:lol: Behh no,:biggrin: i would never trust my Rods. if i choose to go with the 380HP Tune i will keep my Rods then upgrade later or if i decide to go up to the 445HP then definitely i do Rods and unitronic will even tell you, u need Rods for the 445HP Tune :smile:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Im not saying the rods can or cannot withstand any amount of power, just meerly sharing pix of the rods with the community (Thanks to Arin@APR):

Nobody has reported any bent rods yet as the TSI motor has only been around for about 3 years now and Turbo upgrades are just now picking up steam. Only time will tell the strength of the new rods