DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
nice

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Im not saying the rods can or cannot withstand any amount of power, just meerly sharing pix of the rods with the community (Thanks to Arin@APR):

Nobody has reported any bent rods yet as the TSI motor has only been around for about 3 years now and Turbo upgrades are just now picking up steam. Only time will tell the strength of the new rods

You are right, but i don't want to be the first one :biggrin: so if i go with the 445hp tune i will do the Rods, just to be on safe side

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Im envious......

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Finally you picked a kit. congrats...wish i could drop that kinda cash

Yup finally, you have no idea how confused i was :biggrin: but a decision need to be made and i think i made the right one .. i can't wait to get the Kit, post pictures for you guys and later after the install, Videos, dyno etc ... to see what this kit is all about :thumbsup:

GolfRS

Banned
Im not saying the rods can or cannot withstand any amount of power, just meerly sharing pix of the rods with the community (Thanks to Arin@APR):

Nobody has reported any bent rods yet as the TSI motor has only been around for about 3 years now and Turbo upgrades are just now picking up steam. Only time will tell the strength of the new rods

To be honest, the differences are so subtle, unless there is also a difference in material strength, i don't see how these can take more than (optimistically) 20-30 bhp more than the older ones.

But then again, no one has actually found the limit of the older rods either."Suggestions" have been noted from the start of tuning this engine, but no one with a GOOD TUNE ha bent any rods so that makes the newer rods strength also difficult to estimate.

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
The BPY rods are drilled through the center, the TSI are not.

Ryan, what does it mean ?? how strong are they compare to the FSI ?

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
Congrats. I am happy for you. Based on your post your GTI is not your only car right? and you will be the first GTI with a TSI engine running that turbo kit with UNI software, right?

thanks

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Congrats. I am happy for you. Based on your post your GTI is not your only car right? and you will be the first GTI with a TSI engine running that turbo kit with UNI software, right?

thanks

why does your sig say no car? wheres the stage 3!?!??!!

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Congrats. I am happy for you. Based on your post your GTI is not your only car right?

thanks

exactly, i have my Lincoln navigator in winter ! the GTI is build for summer and weekend Getaway :biggrin:

and you will be the first GTI with a TSI engine running that turbo kit with UNI software, right?

i think so tico, if i go by the forums yes :smile:

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
ZGTi if you dont make more HP than an APR tuned KO4 i'm gonna laugh! :thumbsup:

Viking, with a GT30 ! really hope so 2 man or i will be laughing at my self :smile: