GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who will tune for hep's 2.0t intake manifold

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
thanks i figured let us know whats up unitronic if you get this software, im ready to switch tuners

mfzero

knucklehead

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
What is the total manifold volume and for each runner? Runner length?

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I know united motorsports (formerly Jeff from C2)did it for the 2.5 but I don't even think they do 2.0Ts

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
HEP manifold and a retune on an otherwise stock rabbit made 197whp

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit

run a dyno with an AFR monitor and you'll see that reworking the tune on a mod like this is going to be a must. at least on the 2.5 fixing the tune added 40hp. The ECM is smart but not smart enough to adapt that much and asking the ecm to adapt that much is going to equal inconsistent gains and a quirky powerband. I'm looking at running the HEP manifold on the turbo rabbit around a year from now when I've recovered from my current build.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
The reason a proper tune is critical is because of air speeds and mixture densities. Longer thinner runners create higher velocity air, but less volume so they are ideal for low end torque because the cylinder will fill more completely with fresh air in the low end. Shorter wider runners are just the opposite. But our ECU is working off of MAP, MAF, and throttle position. So changing even just the runner length means your A/F ratio is no longer ideal even if the TPS signal is the same.
Removing the tumbler flaps is going to change the mixture density at low engine speeds because the air is no longer spinning and won't mix as well, needs more fuel.

So to restate my questions in a previous post, is this manifold designed to improve response with a stock turbo or is it designed to improve flow with a big turbo?