GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT/S3 alloy arms & swivels Thread

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I'm actually using the GTI bearings right now because I changed them last year so they are in pretty good condition !

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of doing this mod soon and was wondering if anyone knew how a person in the US could order the S3 hubs. would really like the extra weight savings.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I was thinking of doing this mod soon and was wondering if anyone knew how a person in the US could order the S3 hubs. would really like the extra weight savings.

Why not just order alloy B6 Passat spindles? Might be cheaper, and should be direct bolt in for nice weight savings.

Teutonic Turbo

Passed Driver's Ed

Talguy, just be aware that you can't use the Porsche Cayenne brakes in conjunction with S3/TT/Passat aluminum spindles.

The mounting points on the aluminum spindles are thicker than those of the stock steel Gti spindles.

I don't know if this problem can be resolved by simple altering the offset of the rotor hat. But, if it can, this should definitely be xola3que's next project.:wink:

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
The difference between the 2 spindles is 16mm so the caliper bracket needs to be lengthened with this distance along with the 2 mounting holes between the bracket and the spindle !

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Talguy, just be aware that you can't use the Porsche Cayenne brakes in conjunction with S3/TT/Passat aluminum spindles.

The mounting points on the aluminum spindles are thicker than those of the stock steel Gti spindles.

I don't know if this problem can be resolved by simple altering the offset of the rotor hat. But, if it can, this should definitely be xola3que's next project.:wink:

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Thanks for the info. Maybe I could do the porsche lug bolts to help out. Does anyone know where i can get these online?

Halvie

WOOSA
I think it's better to get the passat arms if you don't want to mess with the track width

and get the camber plates from H2sport for adjustment

;)

anyone have more info on this? Interested in the passat arms if they leave track width alone. Would fit a mkvi, too right?

Teutonic Turbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running the passat aluminum control arms on my Gti. I can confirm that they bolt up exactly like the stock steel arms and do not alter the track width at all. The passat control arm bushing (housing) cannot be used as they, like the TT bushing are shaped differently.

Gotsol

Ready to race!
I finally had a chance to autocross since installing the control arms. the results were impressive. turn-in was much better and overall grip felt good. Tire wear was better as well. i did have some throttle induced understeer but with an otherwise stock suspension that is to be expected.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I finally had a chance to autocross since installing the control arms. the results were impressive. turn-in was much better and overall grip felt good. Tire wear was better as well. i did have some throttle induced understeer but with an otherwise stock suspension that is to be expected.

Where did you set camber, min or all the way out?

Halvie

WOOSA
I'm running the passat aluminum control arms on my Gti. I can confirm that they bolt up exactly like the stock steel arms and do not alter the track width at all. The passat control arm bushing (housing) cannot be used as they, like the TT bushing are shaped differently.

Excellent.

Before I go order parts I just want to double check what I all need.

b6 passat control arms (are they all aluminum, or are they only the arms off a certian model passat?)

These right?: http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloc...2050&callout=2&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Anything else? Would I just use the bushings off the gti control arm?

Appreciate the help!