GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track car vs. Daily Driver

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Yeah mate i found it interesting to watch. Those Lotus are awesome, shame some people are trying to get them banned from production racing.

It's beacuse they keep winning and everyone is getting the shits:lol:

Ice Halo

Ready to race!
A bit of a bigger budget than some of the cars you're thinking of, but found this:

http://www.tmraustralia.com.au/evoxrs.php

$48,500 for a new Mitsu Evo X with super handling and heaps of tuning potential (NOT road registerable- but not sure what the difference is compared to the normal road version? Seems to come with all the usual safety features etc).

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
A bit of a bigger budget than some of the cars you're thinking of, but found this:

http://www.tmraustralia.com.au/evoxrs.php

"The exterior design uses aerodynamics to create a deep sensation of continuous movement combined with an image of stylish boldness."

DaveOZ

Ready to race!
Yeah mate i found it interesting to watch. Those Lotus are awesome, shame some people are trying to get them banned from production racing.

Eh? Who?

Mine and my brothers cars.

BTW, get the MX5. They are cheap, fast and fun. :thumbsup:

DaveOZ

Ready to race!
Should also say that if you watch the video above and see where Tim passed the cars - it is not HP that did it!! He is a great driver and the Lotus is the best handling car ever, especially in the wet.

Why ban us? The MX5s are not even in our class. We are in class A with Lambos and 911s.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Should also say that if you watch the video above and see where Tim passed the cars - it is not HP that did it!! He is a great driver and the Lotus is the best handling car ever, especially in the wet.

Why ban us? The MX5s are not even in our class. We are in class A with Lambos and 911s.

Hey Dave, those pair are bloody hot!! One day i really hope to get a Lotus, would be an awesome weekend machine! Must be the best handling thing around?

I'm not sure any of the specifics of my comment or who said it or what class, he just mentioned it.

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
supercharging a honda engine is genius.
Does vtec still kick in (yo), or is the SC's parasitic style something that nibbles away excessively at higher RPM?

amrjon

Ready to race!
Man am I jealous of some of the machines you guys have! - but along the lines thread topic, I think the idea is to be out there and have as much fun as you can for your budget. A decent track car should deliver that, and be a better options that tracking your daily drive. If you want to be winning serious racing events etc. that’s a different story. Not that that wouldn't be one hell of a blast!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
^Yeah not everyone has sponsorship or an unlimited racing budget, hense my suggestion with the MX-5's they are great and you can have a shitload of fun.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
I think if you're going to have a track car you need to decide what you want to do and then stick to it. Its not good buying a nice cheap, fun track car if you then end up throwing another $50k at it cos after two outings you think it's now not fast enough.

saad

Go Kart Champion
Tinto, where do i look to find these imports for so cheap? And with the CAMS license, can you only drive to evetns, or can you drive to track days too? I dont wanna have to get a trailer etc. Been looking at MX5s and 180s and silvia, and your still looking at around 5K for a shitter.

Other option Im looking at is an VTEC Civic or something, or the 205 GTI

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Vehicle importers will be able to source cars for you. Or have a look through things like AutoSport magazine, Unique Cars, Trading Post etc... they usually have race cars and unregisterable imports.

I'm not sure a CAMS licence lets you drive a RACE car on a public road... it didn't used to AFAIK when i had one years ago. It definitely wouldn't be for tracks days because they aren't CAMS sanctioned events.