GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Custom R32-Style Taillights

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
^ I use clear coat to cover the "step". It's not really too large of one because the tint goes on really lightly. Then once the clear coat dries you can always sand it all smooth and you will never notice it again.

I use Duplicolor Automotive clear coat when I do mine. So far my customers are very satisfied with it.

:thumbsup: thanks mate.. so you recon im good to go straight out my paint gun with 2k lacquer i use on the wheels or do u recon thats to heavy..? n just aerosol the whole lot..(not a big fan of 1k laquer):iono:

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG
Looks good but I still don't understand why people leave the lights on the car to spray them. It should take no more then 10min to remove all the rear lighting units from the car.

X3? 10 minutes to take them off and you can mask them on your couch...

Mine still get looks every time I see another red lighter :)

V-DubbinLOW

Stanced
Car(s)
Some low hoe
If you remove the taillights you're still going to have to tape it anyway. It's a waste of time no matter how easy it is to remove the taillights, when you can just tape around the taillight. To each his own

:iono::biggrin:

ur wrong u make a mistake you can fix it right there in front of your tv while smokin on a blunt
just finished mine redoing 1 light tomorrow morning ran outta spray tint and accidentally got a finger print on it so rubbing alcohol all of it off and should be done tomorrow

garag7

Ready to race!
^ pics please

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
for those who have vag'd the amber turn signals on, what was the value set to on the signal before vag'ing byte 13 to 00? I need to know as I'm removing my r32 tails and replacing with the stocks. Need to have the turn signal illuminated dimly with the rest of the tail lamp circle on the stock set. In other words, I need to undo my vag work.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Pretty sure its 14.

A

afternoondelite

A little late to the party, but thanks for the DYI!! Did it today on my tornado red GTI, looks mint! Took a while to get those circles right but totally worth it, thanks for the inspiration!! :thumbup::thumbup: